Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's fast approaching that time in Canada folks!

I've read some posts and got some great tips here about what to do. Some seem pretty simple and common sense and some seem quite complicated.

My Question:

What things are can I do that's not too complicated and what things should I really leave for the professionals. I should mention I have a few basic tools and that's it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
978 Posts
What Dan said, it's expensive but fantastic stuff. Great for nooks and crannies:)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
If you're gonna ride in snow, look at getting help from a mental health professional. ;)

Seriously, were you looking for Winter riding tips or Winter storage tips?

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Seriously, were you looking for Winter riding tips or Winter storage tips?
Just what I was going to ask. Winterising for riding and winterising for storage are two very different things. For storage, a fairly simple process that doesn't require any special kit, except perhaps for a decent battery charger. For riding. patience and half a day to apply the appropriate protective substances.

Oh, and good waterproofs with thermal liners, if you live anywhere like here.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you live where I live, you get a big plastic bag and put the bike in it for 4 months then get a 4X4 and drive it, when you have to!

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Riding in the snow is a
, just not for mere mortals or sane people or whatever! :eek:

Fill your tank up to within about a liter of the bottom of the filler neck and buy a liter of gas in a can and a can of Seafoam. Also buy fresh oil and filter. Pour half a bottle of Seafoam into the tank, preferably from six inches up or so so it mixes into the gas. Run the bike for about two minutes, just long enough to get the Seafoamed gas into the injectors. Cut the power, top up the tank, and change the oil and filter. Bonus points for using a new crush washer.

Put the battery on a tender and rotate the tires once a week or so over the Winter, then ride when it warms up! :D

Cheers,
-Kit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts