Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I rode one winter once in my youth. To become old and wise you first have to be young and stupid.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Winter fun

I can sympathise with winter riding....for a few years, back in the late 60's I had only my Bonneville for transportation all year long.
The first cold weather and snow, I was doing pretty good, not going for long rides but back and forth to work and to a bar where I tended bar part time.
About the third week of ice and snow, I had a cager pull a leftie in front of me and I went whoop-de-doo through an active intersection, sliding and slipping like an out of control pool ball. I survived that but immediately went out and purchased a side car, figuring that the stability would over come the tendency of tires to slip on icy streets.
It worked quite well and I was able to drive safely during the winter months. Of course with summer, off came the sidecar and into storage.
These days I live in Florida, not much of a problem with ice herabouts...lol....

·
Registered
575 Posts
I rode one winter once in my youth. To become old and wise you first have to be young and stupid.
Or you can be young and wise and buy proper gear :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Can't go wrong with layers! I still can't seem to find a pair of gloves that keep me toasty though. Does such a thing exist or do I just have to deal with chilly hands?
Agree 100% I've been looking for something as well, and I think I'll give hippo hands a try. They look like **** but if they work I don't care.

Anyone with any experience with these here?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts