Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I rode one winter once in my youth. To become old and wise you first have to be young and stupid.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Winter fun

I can sympathise with winter riding....for a few years, back in the late 60's I had only my Bonneville for transportation all year long.
The first cold weather and snow, I was doing pretty good, not going for long rides but back and forth to work and to a bar where I tended bar part time.
About the third week of ice and snow, I had a cager pull a leftie in front of me and I went whoop-de-doo through an active intersection, sliding and slipping like an out of control pool ball. I survived that but immediately went out and purchased a side car, figuring that the stability would over come the tendency of tires to slip on icy streets.
It worked quite well and I was able to drive safely during the winter months. Of course with summer, off came the sidecar and into storage.
These days I live in Florida, not much of a problem with ice herabouts...lol....

·
Registered
575 Posts
Can't go wrong with layers! I still can't seem to find a pair of gloves that keep me toasty though. Does such a thing exist or do I just have to deal with chilly hands?
Agree 100% I've been looking for something as well, and I think I'll give hippo hands a try. They look like **** but if they work I don't care.

Anyone with any experience with these here?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts