Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of something I am working on for this offseason. I think it will be real nice when its all said and done.

cheers, jason

[ This message was edited by: customcafe on 2006-12-03 10:24 ]

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its the seat, I tried many times to make it larger, but alas it would not work.

cheers, jason

·
Registered
421 Posts
Man that is a tiny bike, is it a model?

On 2006-12-03 10:19, customcafe wrote:
Here are some pics of something I am working on for this offseason. I think it will be real nice when its all said and done.

cheers, jason

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are a bunch of smartasses! No I was trying to make the picture bigger, so as to faciltate a easier view. But I am also trying to make the seat smaller and flatter, ie my winter project. Any questions?

cheers, jason

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Jason,are you using a custom pan or did you cut up the stock one? What foam or pad are you thinking of using? :???:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rodburner,

I am using the stock pan, cut down to suit my tastes, and am using whatever I can to get it as thin as possible, while retaining some comfort. I am going for the more classic flat, thin racing style seat like on old Nortons, and Vincents.

cheers, jason

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ah, now it sounds interesting... Keep us in the loop as many have been looking for that look as well. Too sunny here in So Cal to not ride.

On 2006-12-03 21:00, customcafe wrote:
rodburner,

I am using the stock pan, cut down to suit my tastes, and am using whatever I can to get it as thin as possible, while retaining some comfort. I am going for the more classic flat, thin racing style seat like on old Nortons, and Vincents.

cheers, jason

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Jason,maybe try some of this stuff. I got 3 "sample" sheets of 7/16" pad from my local carpet store for free.Just laminate it into a pad with some good quality foam spray glue and glue a cover over it.Experiment with the feel by reversing the smooth and not smooth sides.
frothed foam
:-D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts