Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok its Offical now Winter is here, I hate you 365 day guys. -4 now and supposed to be
-14 tonight.(In F) Its not snow that is ½ inch of ICE on top of 4 inches of snow!!! But damn I look good

[/IMG]

·
29,945 Posts
I concur. Winter sucks. Still never mind eh?

Oh - you can keep the ice. We had a bunch of snow dump here yesterday, that I can deal with - ice is a little more tricky.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
No winter does not suck.......it SUCKS!!!!!!!!! We will be getting from 15" to 20' and high winds to boot. :Angry_98OLVV::SadSigh:

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Yeah man, just chill and except the frozen water from above! I feel so good right now, I think I'm going to run right outside and built a snow man. Then I'm going to join the nearest polar bear club and take a long dip in 33 degree water. The hell with the heater, open the windows and let the fresh air in. Turn off the refrigerator and open the door, were liven green for sure now. Wow, I feel better already and then..............................................................................I woke up!:sleeping::err:

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUvrQanKJdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EEMBQyoe3g

·
Registered
294 Posts
Winter

Yea, winter sucketh verily. I only had 4 riding days last week.

Riding day defined as 70+F and less than 40 percent chance

precip. Now, however, it is 45F headed to 26F tonight.

Do I need Stabil if I'm not riding until next weekend?

Clyde

·
Registered
137 Posts
I feel ya, man. My Bonneville's been sitting up for over a month now. I finally gave in and ran the gas out of it the other day (closed the petcock). We need to start a Triumph commune in Mexico or something. Even with a heated vest, enough is enough.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
chill in air here also. Oh wait a minute I had to turn the air back on today that's why its cool in the house.

Saw that white stuff a couple of times when we lived in Atlanta. That's why i'm back in Florida, for now anyway.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
I feel ya, man. My Bonneville's been sitting up for over a month now. I finally gave in and ran the gas out of it the other day (closed the petcock). We need to start a Triumph commune in Mexico or something. Even with a heated vest, enough is enough.
Kile I had to bring my Rocket back to Maine two months ago and I have not been on it since.That really bites!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Winter? We're not getting any winter here, you insensitive clods!
It is a bit chilly but the coldest I met was like 39F or something. And where's the rain? I haven't seen a real winter storm since 1987!

I suspect politicians are the main cause. Weather's been deteriorating even faster since they teared down the wall!

I WANT MY WINTER BACK!

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
...there's no pleasing some people. :p

It's been below freezing for some time up in northern New Mexico. And the roads really aren't clear from the last storm yet. And I'm on the east coast now. So no riding for HiDesert for a while. :mad:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Jeffro, I feel for you. This morning, the temps in north Alabama dipped to about 17. of curse, it's been in the mid 70s for the past week or so, and due to get back into the 50s and 60s for the rest of the week.

We here in the South do have one custom that may seem strange to you. When the weather and temperature are as you described, we put on long-sleeved shirts and jackets. Maybe y'all in the North should try this instead of T-shirts. It might make the winter a little more bearable.

·
Registered
611 Posts
:) Jeff, I'm looking out my back door (CCR) listening to Buck Owens and the sun is shinning bright. There is one thing wrong it is 3 degrees and the wind chill is -11 or whatever the weather geeks call it. Winter SUCKS!!! Nice shirt :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It was a brisk 39F on the RIDE in to work (not to pour salt on the wound) this morning. Might be a little damp to ride tomorrow though.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
It has been a cold and snowy December for a change. Even though it is not riding weather I have learned to embrace and appreciate winter (after all I do CHOOSE to live in Minnesota) and it does seem to make the time go by fairly quickly.

Of course spring comes and its hells bells 'til winter again!!!:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts