Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok, so mods - I used parts from about 20 different bikes to create this bike. Even though the bike could (and has) been accused of being a stock model, obviously it isn't, here are the major external highlights - I started with a 2001 Thunderbird and added:

Home made custom rear fender / plate mount.
Monster rear light and bar ends
Daytona indicators with clear lenses
TBS solo seat
TBS headers and TOR mufflers
TBS rear subframe
TBS rear shock
Kawasaki ZRX1200R Wheels, front forks and front brake setup
GSXR750 radial fr brake master cylinder
Trophy rear caliper, ZRX1200R rear rotor
TBS rearsets with modified Daytona pegs, gearshift linkage converted to restore normal shift pattern.
Daytona 600 horn
Mecatwin airbox covers
TBS centerstand & kickstand (altered stance & pipes stopped the originals working)
Monza flip top fuel cap
Flanders bars
900 Speed 3 white face gauges (not pictured)
Daytona bar grips
CRG billet mirrors
TBS front mudguard - modified to fit ZRX forks
Kawasaki Zx7r clutch master cylinder
Stock headlight mounts painted black
Sprint steering damper
TBS side covers and keylocked seat
Kawasaki black adjustable levers
Adventurer kneepads
Kawasaki ZRX1100 vacuum petcock (modified)
TT600 horn

Hopefully more changes to come this year.

Mick (Retired Super Mod).

·
Registered
692 Posts
Congratulations on your beautifully constructed Thunderbird. A real looker and all your hard work really shows.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Welcome td1! For ease in navigating and enjoying posting to this site, check out the stickies for new members. Show us your bike when you get the chance.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Gorgeous, Mick! But are you sure it needs more mods? I think it's pretty much perfect as-is. Tell you what. I have a Trident that needs some work. Why don't I give you the 'dent so you'll have something to do, & I'll hold onto the T-bird for you... ;)

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Well done Mick, you had a lot of good competition there, I thought Triple Threat's 675 was going to take it and HiDesert's Daytona looks a beauty but the Thunderbird all rounder has a lot of fans, as we've said before, pity they don't still make 'em !

The poll showed the Thunderbird took 35% of the vote
GrandPaulZ with his vintage came 2nd with 19%, obviously strong support from the Vintage Forum
and Propfoward came 3rd with 14% with the ever popular Bonneville.

Strange how the classics took out the first 3 places !

The strength of the member support for this revamped Bike of the Month competition shows promise for next month's April competition, already nearly filled for the first 10 submissions.

-----------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Simply beautiful, excellent work. :welldone:

This is how a modern café racer should look like. Love how you changed so much and still managed to keep a very clean and stylish look.
And then to top it off, that number plate is to kill for. :D

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Congratulations and a well deserved win I must say. :thumbsup: When you get a chance, I'm sure we all would like to get a better look at the right side of the bike. I'd love to see the exhaust in all it's glory.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sweet looking T'bird Mick. Good/modified T'birds are few and far between here in Oz. Shame Triumph have seen fit to use the name on the new Cruiser.

Great idea to have bike of the month. Where can we see the nominees for next month?

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts