Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help?
I have a 2000 Daytona 955i which has "fixed" wing mirrors, i.e cannot be folded back when not in use.
Does anybody know where I can get the type that fold back, which I think were fitted to the later type Daytona?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The foldable mirrors are on my 2001 (2002 DSSA model). Just make sure that the holes align with the corresponding cutouts in your fairing frame. Have you measured their distance?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, That`s good news.

No, I haven`t measured the distance, but I will do if I can find some.

Did you fit these as replacement mirrors for the fixed type?

I am having trouble finding them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to look for me, very kind of you!!

I will try to find out if they will fit my bike.

Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just measure the mounting screws from center to center - I can do the same later in the day and we just check. I wouldn´t be surprised if they match, but just to be sure ...
Could you post your findings in centimeters, not inches, please?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just measure the mounting screws from center to center - I can do the same later in the day and we just check. I wouldn´t be surprised if they match, but just to be sure ...
Could you post your findings in centimeters, not inches, please?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I will do that tonight as I am at work at the moment, I will get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The mirror´s mounting screws have 45 mm center-center, the mirror´s "wing" on the outside is 105 mm at its widest point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for taking the time to check for me.

I will get back to you later as I was called out last night for work, will check tonight, thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have had to Fourlough some of our staff here, but we have a skeleton staff to keep things going. We have seen a drop off in business, but it`s not too bad.
Are you based in Austria, how are things over there?
My father is a Velocette enthusiast and has a mate based in Louven nr Heidelburg in Germany who organises a big motorcycle gathering every year at his house and we go over most times with our bikes in a van, as I also have a 1978 Triumph Bonneville T140V.
We were going to go in June, but have had to postpone it for now, but we hope to go when all this crap is over!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here in Austria we are in the fourth consecutive week of shutdown: Closed shops besides food markets, pharmacies, pet-food and tobacconists, closed pubs and hotels and all unnecessary travel is stopped. Funny thing is motorcycling is still allowed, but I´m cautious at the moment, as riding slowly is no fun and riding fast bears the risk of hospitalization - at the worst moment possible. You know Murphy´s law ...
At least it looks as if we managed to keep the outbreak relatively small, at 12.000 infected and 220 dead with quickly declining rates of newly infected people. Our government is debating about slowly restarting our economy and "normal" life (still with mandatory facemasks in shops), but are aware of the risk of a second and third wave.

International travel will mostly take place from 2021 on, I fear, as the situation vastly differs between countries and those like Austria, which reacted quickly and in a very strict way have neighbours such as Italy and Switzerland that are currently in a big health crisis with an unclear time-horizon.

How´s the situation in GB? The media just state numbers (infected and dead) which don´t really give an impression of the true situation. Great Britain was very late in acknowledging the risk and taking measures - in this respect it is only fair that Boris Johnson himself (who claimed herd-immunity as an appropriate way to handle this) is now in intensive care. Sometimes life has a sense of humor ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here in Austria we are in the fourth consecutive week of shutdown: Closed shops besides food markets, pharmacies, pet-food and tobacconists, closed pubs and hotels and all unnecessary travel is stopped. Funny thing is motorcycling is still allowed, but I´m cautious at the moment, as riding slowly is no fun and riding fast bears the risk of hospitalization - at the worst moment possible. You know Murphy´s law ...
At least it looks as if we managed to keep the outbreak relatively small, at 12.000 infected and 220 dead with quickly declining rates of newly infected people. Our government is debating about slowly restarting our economy and "normal" life (still with mandatory facemasks in shops), but are aware of the risk of a second and third wave.

International travel will mostly take place from 2021 on, I fear, as the situation vastly differs between countries and those like Austria, which reacted quickly and in a very strict way have neighbours such as Italy and Switzerland that are currently in a big health crisis with an unclear time-horizon.

How´s the situation in GB? The media just state numbers (infected and dead) which don´t really give an impression of the true situation. Great Britain was very late in acknowledging the risk and taking measures - in this respect it is only fair that Boris Johnson himself (who claimed herd-immunity as an appropriate way to handle this) is now in intensive care. Sometimes life has a sense of humor ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello,

I checked the distance between the screws on the wing mirror mounts, and they are 35mm!
Looks like I will have to try and look elsewhere for some.
Thanks for all your help anyway.

Kind Regards

Ian.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts