Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys (and Gals). Sorry if this has been talked about, but couldn't find a thread. I bought my brand new 2017 Street Twin last week and decided I really need a windshield. I have the fly screen, which doesn't do me much good. I'm 5'4" and weigh 102 pounds. Has anyone found an aftermarket windshield that will work? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new bike. There are a few good shields available. It just depends on what you want it to do. I, like many others, wanted something to take the wind blast off my chest, so I went with the Dart Marlin. The Classic might be good for your height. There's a good thread about them here: http://www.triumphrat.net/water-cooled-twins-talk/753226-dart-flyscreens.html
Others want to have the air flow up and over the helmet. There's a good discussion of taller screens here: http://www.triumphrat.net/water-cooled-twins-talk/734906-t120-long-haul-windscreen.html
That's probably not going to cover everything available, but it should get you started. Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello Jane. We met at the Time Warp a couple of weeks ago. I told you that you wouldn't buy the Street 500 after riding the Street Twin! Enjoy!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike. I'm sure you will enjoy it immensely.

I suggest you consider the Triumph Long Haul accessory windscreen (part number taken from the Triumph website, for your bike: A9708307). Though it's pricey, it is very well engineered (strong!) and works well.

I installed one on my T120 and it works very well, and it looks good.

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

Reactions: aslarx and Knight24

·
Registered
42 Posts
Look at the marlin from Dart. Those guys are awesome too. Delivered early, well priced, and easy to install. Variety of tints as well. Mine is matte black so went with dark tint and it looks made for the bike. I'm taller than you by a few inches and the wind deflects to top of my helmet even though it's fairly low. Perfect. Enjoy the bike. I sure do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
The Darts look nice but they direct the wind into you. If you want to shield yourself from the wind, the Longhaul is the only option (the Parabellum mounting looks cheesy and almost blocks the gauges). The Longhaul measures 14" from the top of the headlight and is about 20 degrees back from vertical. I'm 5'9" and I see the street over the shield about 20-25' in front of the bike. I prefer 50'. With a half helmet, the wind hits me on the forehead. I could use another 4". If you're 5'4", the Longhaul may work.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I took my first ride with a half helmet yesterday and the Longhaul screen puts the wind directly in my face (5'9"). I don't see why Triumph can't make a higher screen for the T120. They did for my 2004 Bonnie with similar mounting hardware.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts