Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Short Tinted Summer Screen A9708407
Tall Tinted Summer Screen A9708409
I ordered Clear Longhaul Screen A9708408

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been running the tall summer screen now for about a month. I am really surprised how well it works. I am 5 foot 10 inches tall with 32 inch inseam. Full coverage helmet with foam ear plugs. Long time rider, I have been through many windacreen "wars" fine tuning each bike. For me, unless you want a screen the size of a barn door, what works best is no air on your chest, very little on your arms and smooth or near smooth air on your helmet. The trick is that transition from your chest to helmet. This is usually where there is turbulence. It can be a little or a lot, and noisy or not so much. The solution will be different for each rider's size, ride style, and threshold for air disturbance. And some helmets can be noisier than others. The tall summer screen looks unimpressive for wind control but actually works well. I first thought that it would be an around town screen and I would find something else for highway trips but now having riden at 70/80 mph for lengths of time I think I will leave it on the bike permanently. I used to have a BMW GS which had a very small screen but it was designd and mounted in a way that really worked quite well, so you never know. Best to know what your riding needs are and research extensively. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Good review, should the same one soon, I had the same idea of getting a huge screen for long journeys and taking it of for cruising, after reading other people's troubles with screen turbulence ive accepted I'm getting this tall summer screen and I'm gonna leave it on permanently

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Roadster screen and it just looks too big for the bike (gives it more of a cruiser appearance). It is also not quick release in any way, so can't be easily removed for around town/put back on for longer hauls. I would recommend something smaller.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts