Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and getting my 2012 Tbird early February. I am six foot two and need advice on what windshield should i buy? 14 or 16?

Need advice on aftermarket pipes too and open to any other suggestions to make the bike look and perform better.

Thanks!

eazyr:)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Not an expert and I can't help you out on the windshield but as far as pipes go, I went with the short TORs from Triumph. Not too expensive and produce a nice sound. There is a thread on here somewhere on aftermarket pipes, lots of options. There is an increase in performance with the TORs as you get a new engine tune and a higher flowing air filter.

Largely it's really about what you like the look of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Toxic,

I will go with your comments and the short's look good on the bike too.
Its Hogslayer, the shorts.

The shorts sound good and found a link -

Windshield -

National - Dartflyscreen, National and Windvest

I wanted the bike to look cool at the same time wanna ride easy against the wind.

Dartflyscreen looks but not sure above 70MPH.

National - I am six foot two. Like the 14 inches windshield- not big and not as cool the dartflyscreen.

Windvest - Wondering why they priced at 300$ Plus.

eazyr

·
Registered
71 Posts
National Switchblade

Thanks Toxic,

I will go with your comments and the short's look good on the bike too.
Its Hogslayer, the shorts.

The shorts sound good and found a link -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVHj5OuDvuU&feature=related.

Hoglslayer on a t-Bird 1600 sounds good too, wondering how will it sound on the Storm and my guess is that the rumble will be good.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTOQGYhvxqc

Windshield -

National - Dartflyscreen, National and Windvest

I wanted the bike to look cool at the same time wanna ride easy against the wind.

Dartflyscreen looks but not sure above 70MPH.

National - I am six foot two. Like the 14 inches windshield- not big and not as cool the dartflyscreen.

Windvest - Wondering why they priced at 300$ Plus.

eazyr
EasyR I have the National Cycle Switchblade Deflector. It's not overly large but gets the wind off my chest and therefore makes riding 70-100 possible without the hanging on feeling. I can sit upright with no problem.

I'm thinking about switching to the short TORS as well.

Here is a link to some pics of my Storm with the Switchblade.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/[email protected]/

You are going to love your Storm. It's an awesome handling bike and it's so easy to ride as it doesn't feel near as heavy as it is. Lots of power as well. Enjoy.

Bill

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Eazyrider;
I am 5'6" and have the midscreen. It was OK keepinfg the wind out of my chest and head but buffeting over 80mph was terrible. I then, spent a few month looking up on the subject and ended up with a supplementary screen over my already installed midscreen which now works as a charm and can ride over 100mph w/out my head shaking like before. With all this said, no doubt: GO WITH THE TRIUMPH LARGEST SCREEN YOU CAN GET. Not even this will be enough but that's the best you will be able to get.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just installed the Dart screen yesterday (birthday present from my kids) and it works very well at 130klms / 80 miles per hour. I am 6'2" and it was no problem at all. Very impressed actually.
Blindaussie

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hiyas Wild Bill
Nice pictures and the bike looks good with the panniers. What seats are those?
Eazyr
Eazyr

Thanks for the comments It is a Corbin. Very comfortable compared to stock seat. But most of the time I'm riding solo so I ride on the stock solo seat. I'm thinking about a Corbin solo.

Bill

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello All,

Thanks for the inputs and this is what i am looking at right now.

Short Pipes / National Deflector and Corbin Seats and i hope this is good enough for starters.

Eazyr

·
Banned
26 Posts
EasyR I have the National Cycle Switchblade Deflector. It's not overly large but gets the wind off my chest and therefore makes riding 70-100 possible without the hanging on feeling. I can sit upright with no problem.

I'm thinking about switching to the short TORS as well.

Here is a link to some pics of my Storm with the Switchblade.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/[email protected]/

You are going to love your Storm. It's an awesome handling bike and it's so easy to ride as it doesn't feel near as heavy as it is. Lots of power as well. Enjoy.

Bill
. How do I view this picture ? I have signed in to yahoo.com and still no picture !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts