Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Looking to see if there is a way to add a windscreen to my ‘09. Has anyone tried to use a windscreen from say a Tiger or is it basically just the aftermarket stuff from Pfuig?

·
Registered
469 Posts
It has been done -
triumph-1050.jpg
The original Triumph fly screens ('05-'10) are becoming hard to get hold of - but think these are the best choice.

Rob

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Does anyone have recommendations for a wind screen for the 2019 Speed Triple RS? I would like to keep the stock one ('cause it's so beautiful!) and install one that works with the stock one if possible. I was informed yesterday by someone at Pure Triumph in FL that a previous stock version that sits behind the stock fly screen has been banned by the DOT! I am not interested in the new version that Triumph makes. I did see one made by Powerbronze in my research "travels" but can't tell how it installs. Unless I can find something suitable I'll just deal with the wind and keep my stock mini fly screen in place. Any ideas are most welcome!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did see one made by Powerbronze in my research "travels" but can't tell how it installs. Unless I can find something suitable I'll just deal with the wind and keep my stock mini fly screen in place. Any ideas are most welcome!
There's some discussion and info on the power bronze screen here. Also, lots of other useful comment on other screens as well if you can weed it out in the 20 or so pages!

Basically, the effectiveness of any of the screens seems to be very dependent on circumstances: rider height, cruising speed, body position and even crash helmet type all appear to play a part.

I know that link is on the Street Triple 765 forum but the 765R & RS (however NOT the 765S) have the same headlights, clocks and nose fairing as the latest Speed Triple R & RS, so any screen for them should fit your bike too.

·
Registered
627 Posts
The power bronze sits atop the bikini and covers a good portion. I have the factory one that sits behind it and blends perfectly and is the cats meow. It seems to work for me as it creates a small hole of no turbulence at my head or chest. At $60 it’s reasonable.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
There's some discussion and info on the power bronze screen here. Also, lots of other useful comment on other screens as well if you can weed it out in the 20 or so pages!

Basically, the effectiveness of any of the screens seems to be very dependent on circumstances: rider height, cruising speed, body position and even crash helmet type all appear to play a part.

I know that link is on the Street Triple 765 forum but the 765R & RS (however NOT the 765S) have the same headlights, clocks and nose fairing as the latest Speed Triple R & RS, so any screen for them should fit your bike too.
Thanks for the link to the discussion and photos of the Powerbronze screen! I ordered one for my 2019 Speed Triple RRS in dark tint yesterday morning. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Thanks for the link to the discussion and photos of the Powerbronze screen! I ordered one for my 2019 Speed Triple RRS in dark tint yesterday morning. :smile2:
Here are a couple photos of the Powerbronze screen on my bike. I've had it on for awhile now and am very happy with it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I’m digging that screen. How’s the wind blast and how much for the screen?
I bought it directly from Powerbronze which is in the UK. I looked back at my e-receipt and when I purchased it it was 85 pounds for the screen and 20 pounds for shipping. I don't remember what the exchange rate was at that time. Not inexpensive but I'm super happy with it. It definitely helps with wind blast--primarily chest and torso but, as you can see by the height, doesn't do much for head and neck. I am happy with my purchase. Takes some of the wind off and it really does look stock--like it "belongs on the bike".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts