Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Phil and I ride an America LT 2015 which I simply adore as have only just had it 6 months.
A big hello to everyone from St Just Cornwall, the most westerly town (well more of a big village really) in GB. Its Cornish name is Lanust and our big Celtic shindig is around mid July. It starts Friday afternoon till Sunday noon; 3 campsites nearby first one at rugby club with a bar 10min walk to town centre, other two about 2 miles each in opposite direction. Live bands all day Saturday with plenty of side-stalls and street food too.
Ok, well that’s the sales pitch over ’n’ done with so now to my question : the bike fell off its‘ side-stand (don’t ask) and has scratched the windscreen pretty badly; so does anyone know the best way to remove said scratches? Not even sure if screen is acrylic or Perspex.
Cheers y’all, ‘n’ don’t forget to ride safely with care and awareness.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Had the same thing happen on a previous bike! What I did was to get some various grades wet and dry paper and begin to rub the scratch out. As you go, use a finer and finer grade paper and finish with toothpaste! Yeah I know, but toothpaste is a very fine abrasive that works!
When the marks are removed you will have an area of very fine scratches which I "polished" out with some good quality car polish! In the end, the scratches were almost invisible. You could find them if you really looked hard, but they were no worse that the scratches you end up with from normal riding!
Hopefully, this will work for you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
for a good finish try :-
Greygate Plastic Polish #DTD 770A
[I've used this on helmet visors with sucess]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had the same thing happen on a previous bike! What I did was to get some various grades wet and dry paper and begin to rub the scratch out. As you go, use a finer and finer grade paper and finish with toothpaste! Yeah I know, but toothpaste is a very fine abrasive that works!
When the marks are removed you will have an area of very fine scratches which I "polished" out with some good quality car polish! In the end, the scratches were almost invisible. You could find them if you really looked hard, but they were no worse that the scratches you end up with from normal riding!
Hopefully, this will work for you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts