Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A search didnt turn anything up, Does anyone have any experience with these? I am seeing them for sale dirt cheap. Are they of quality or junk? Thanks

Tony

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Research the buyer feedback on eBay.
The seller seems to have fast delivery and you get what you pay for (buy cheap-get cheap).
I don't know about the claim of being the largest chain store in CA. (ships out of LaJolla). I never heard of them before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, the feedback is not bad. I figured part of the reason for such a low price could be plummeting demand for a product that fits the previous generation of Triumphs. Fair to assume that most of the poeple that own them already bought the windscreens or newer bikes. Maybe I'll just pick up a ZG, they seem to be a proven product many times over.

Thanks for the input.

Tony

·
Registered
509 Posts
I just fitted a MRA Vario screen to my 08 ST. $149.00 from Twisted Throttle.

A big improvement over the stock screen, even looks better in dark smoke. About 1" shorter than the stocker but the little wing on top of the screen is adjustable to 7 positions and really works a treat. In the lowest position, I get almost the same air on me as on the stocker only smoother over the helmet and upper chest. Raised a bit, it cuts the air to the chest and still leaves smooth air on the helmet. At the highest position with maximum rake, the air only hits the top of my helmet and I can actually ride with the face shield open without getting my head jerked around.

I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam (long torso) and, after 900 odd miles at 80 mph in the last 2 days, I couldn't be more pleased.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I think the reason for the cheap prices on almost everything from this particular eBay seller is that most of his stuff is Chinese knock-offs of Malaysian knock-offs!:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bike is tired, but no cheap stuff since im keeping her. I actually like the idea of an adjustable screen. I will probably have this bike until Im to old to ride it anymore. One day it will be one of those barn finds years after I keel over. She has been so good to me I dont dare put any cheap cut rate parts or accessories on her.

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts