Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am going to buy a better air flow (less) wind screen for my '01 Sprint ST. Am looking at Zero Gravity Double Bubble. Don't like the looks of the larger touring screen they have. Anybody have any experience with the model? And/or ideas? I just want some relief from hard wind above 60-80mph. Thanks.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've been looking at either the Powerbronze Airflow or the Ermax Flomax, but can't decide which to buy. I just want the air flow pushed a little higher. The PB is 2-3 CM taller as far as I can tell, and the Ermax is 8 CM, which is a lot. I'd rather have the PB due to it's lower height if it will do the trick, and I'm leaning that way.

Opinions? Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just installed a ZG double bubble screen last week. To be honest I really can't tell a whole lot of difference compared to the stock screen. May have moved the airflow up a couple of inches at most. I have noticed I can easily duck behind it at high speeds. Overall I'm fairly happy with it, looks great but if I were planning a long trip I'd probably look into their touring screen.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Anyone have any feedback to offer on the taller flip screen for the 05-06? The stocker isn't bad 'til ya get into super slab speeds... or maybe I'm just a spoiled wuss :razz:

[ This message was edited by: GRN on 2006-11-17 09:21 ]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone have any experience of the Double Bubble at higher speeds? Tend to run at around 120/130 on the autobahns and find my neck feels like I've had a 12stone blond sat on my face after an hour ( happy but wishing she was only 8 stone) I'm on the stock screen and plan to hit Rome next year so the question is, are they really worth the money over stock?

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
On 2006-11-17 09:16, marcosmaniac wrote:

Tend to run at around 120/130 on the autobahns and find my neck feels like I've had a 12stone blond sat on my face after an hour ( happy but wishing she was only 8 stone)
.... ha ha - great analogy :-D
I'm assuming this is mph not kph?
If the force of the wind blast has a square relationship to the foward velocity you dont want to cruise at 150mph - as that would translate into a 17stone on your face - and you may never recover from that!

Grant :cool:

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
On 2006-11-17 08:56, GRN wrote:
Anyone have any feedback to offer on the taller flip screen for the 05-06? The stocker isn't bad 'til ya get into super slab speeds... or maybe I'm just a spoiled wuss :razz:
I just had my 06 original screen replaced under warranty because of bubbling in the screen where it appears the black material around the edges is seperating from the screen. The dealer replaced it with the new 07 screen that has the slight hump in it. It makes a rather large difference in wind flow. I didn't realize it made such a difference until I was on the Interstate and looked back to change lanes. The wind hit my helmet and I said darn out loud. I like the change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts