Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be a easy one...

Will the Bonne front fender fit on the Thruxton?...08 model...

·
Registered
616 Posts
This should be a easy one...

Will the Bonne front fender fit on the Thruxton?...08 model...
It's not a straight bolt-on affair.

You have a smaller front wheel and different forks. Those, a seat cowl, different handlebars, a tach, aluminum rims, and longer rear shocks are pretty much the only differences.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not a straight bolt-on affair.

You have a smaller front wheel and different forks.

I see...I didnt know the wheel size was a different...I thought the forks may have been a little different in design since the Bonneville fender has the bars that connect the fender to the forks...but the engine covers switched over just fine...

Thanks...thats the answer I expected...I was just hoping/curious...

Those, a seat cowl, different handlebars, a tach, aluminum rims, and longer rear shocks are pretty much the only differences.

These things...I didnt ask about...

·
Registered
616 Posts
I see...I didnt know the wheel size was a different...I thought the forks may have been a little different in design since the Bonneville fender has the bars that connect the fender to the forks...but the engine covers switched over just fine...

Thanks...thats the answer I expected...I was just hoping/curious...

These things...I didnt ask about...
I realize you didn't ask about them, but I went out of my way to be extra friendly to you and explain the basic differences between the models. On this planet, you might be experiencing something we humans call gratitude. ;)

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...I said thanks...thanks again...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I ordered the fiberglass fender that was supposed to be for the Bonnie/Thruxton. It is actually for the Bonnie & mounts to the fork legs so you have to take the brace off & then you get too much gap. A little dremmel tool work & cut the length & it is good. If I had to do it again I would order an aluminum fender made for the Thruxton.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts