Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to further de-chrome the legend, and I was wondering if the TBS airbox covers (cheese grater) will bolt onto the Legend airbox?

I know the cheese grater is Chrome, but it's less chrome than the legend piece.

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
Early airboxes did not have the locating tab on the front for the "cheese graters", later ones did. That is true of Thunderbirds, I'm not sure about Legends. Maybe some-one will clarify.

All the airboxes are interchangeable. Worse case scenario, you might have to switch to a later airbox with the locating tabs.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Early airboxes did not have the locating tab on the front for the "cheese graters", later ones did. That is true of Thunderbirds, I'm not sure about Legends. Maybe some-one will clarify.

All the airboxes are interchangeable. Worse case scenario, you might have to switch to a later airbox with the locating tabs.
I dont think the Legends are early enough for that. I would guess the airboxes changed in 97 for the 98 introduction of the TBS

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a 99 Legend and they fit on mine. I got them over the winter from Great Bay. Very easy to install - two screws on each side. I think they look better on the Legend than the stock chrome airbox covers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts