Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
i want to fit some heated grips to my tiger and have been offered a kit which is specificaly for sprint st, does anyone know the difference between the kits , if any, or should this kit aso fit my tiger?
some advice please.:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Pete, It should fit,

Best way to find out for sure is to get the part number from the Sprint set, then call a dealer and ask for the Tiger set, ask them the part number and if they match you're home free.

Mick :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
A few years ago I had a 2000 ST and when I swaped it for a 2001 Tiger I removed the heated grips from the ST and fitted them to the Tiger. They did not fit properly to the Tiger. The mounting holes on the left hand grip did not line up with the holes in the Tiger's bars so I could only secure it with one screw. The right hand griop went on fine. The connecting plug required some work with a file to make it fit the socket in the wiring loom. I used them in this way for about 3 years before selling the Tiger for another one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought the factory heated grips for my 2006 955 and the instructions were for the Sprint as well. The only difference was with the Sprint one needed to fabricate a small mounting backplate to install the rocker switch into whereas the Tiger already has a blank on the dash for the switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts