Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
99% of the stuff out there are compatible . You can certainly fit a standard Bonnie seat on a Thruxton and vice versa. I've tried it . It looks okay .

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Bonnie stock seat is an uncomfortable plank. Consider mototwin.com seat - the 68 series - they are similar to Thrux but the driver seat part is slightly narrower and lower to might be more suitable.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It fits. Do you already have one? If not, mines takin up space in my garage. It's off an 07 but same thing. Got anything you want to trade for it?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thruxton seat is not very compatible with a passenger riding along. Will an 08 Bonneville seat fit an 08 thruxton?
Am I missing something here? Why don't you just remove the cowl for when you want to lug a passenger? That's all I do. You can even replace the cowl screws with thumbscrews for quick removal.

I haven't gotten a comfort complaint using the stock Thruxton seat.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Am I missing something here? Why don't you just remove the cowl for when you want to lug a passenger? That's all I do. You can even replace the cowl screws with thumbscrews for quick removal.

I haven't gotten a comfort complaint using the stock Thruxton seat.
I think I know what BA1 is talking about. When I have given my wife a ride with the Thrux seat I found it uncomfortable. I sit pretty far up on the seat which caused her to sit right on the hump and not on the passenger section. This made her lean forward against my back more so than the stock flat bonnie seat did.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I know what BA1 is talking about. When I have given my wife a ride with the Thrux seat I found it uncomfortable. I sit pretty far up on the seat which caused her to sit right on the hump and not on the passenger section. This made her lean forward against my back more so than the stock flat bonnie seat did.
You nailed it. This is exactly what I am talking about. I found a cheap bonneville seat on ebay so I will see how it goes.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ahh ok sorry for my misunderstanding. I like sitting far back on the seat so I guess that's why I never experienced the issue. Good luck with your new seat!

·
Registered
46 Posts
You nailed it. This is exactly what I am talking about. I found a cheap bonneville seat on ebay so I will see how it goes.
Hey Bradly,

How did it work out? I am having the exact same problem with my girl. I am considering the stock Bonneville seat, the gel Bonneville seat, and the two-up seat.

How about the Bonneville owners here? How comfortable is it to ride two-up?

Thanks,

JP

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Bradly,

How did it work out? I am having the exact same problem with my girl. I am considering the stock Bonneville seat, the gel Bonneville seat, and the two-up seat.

How about the Bonneville owners here? How comfortable is it to ride two-up?

Thanks,

JP
It works pretty good. The seat I got was a stock 2005 bonneville seat but fits 2008 thruxton ok, maybe just a bit loose where it touches the tank but I will find a way to fix that. It is a much better ride for the passenger and the driver when a passenger is on board. It was worth the $90 it cost me.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
It works pretty good. The seat I got was a stock 2005 bonneville seat but fits 2008 thruxton ok, maybe just a bit loose where it touches the tank but I will find a way to fix that. It is a much better ride for the passenger and the driver when a passenger is on board. It was worth the $90 it cost me.
Brady,just find an old belt,cut off a little strip and fold it over the slot at the back of the tank.When you push the tang of the Bonnie seat into the slot,the belt piece will take up the slack and keep it tight to the tank. The Bonnie seat is just lacking that extra rubber bumper that the Thrux seat has up front.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts