Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
EEEEE-freaking-GADS is that my nightmare...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thank god they walked away from that one. That's my nightmare when sitting at a light. Always checking my 6 with bike in gear. To many distracted drivers on the road.

·
Registered
123 Posts
How lucky can you get?

You can see scrape marks from a previous incident down the drivers side of the car.

(Looks like they have been practicing)

I might be able to understand why the car driver didn't see the bike though. (no excuses)

The over-pass is situated in a long sweeper (curve). I imagine it is possible that when approaching from the rear, the bike blended in with the center concrete pillar (and the shadows /abutment on the other side of the road). The bike could have been between the pillar and the car drivers line of sight for quite a distance when coming around that curve. Especially if the car was traveling faster, and gaining on the bike. He just blended in with the background.

Then the moment of impact seems to have taken place in the shadow of the over pass. Also, (not knowing for sure) the car driver may have been looking into the sun. Although it does look to be near mid-day judging by the shadows.

I think it is probably pretty hard to see anything with your head up your ass!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts