Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This winters project, 1995 Thunderbird 900 for my wife.
She always wanted Triumph, cafe style, spoked wheels. Im not a fan of bonnevilles so next option was legend, few popped up for sale but i was slow, so i had to get this TB.

Slight modifications from last owner: aftermarket seat, 5" headlight, KOSO speedo, (but only thing to keep was seat). Also chopped rear end.

Seat cowl pattern was CNC cut from foam and made out of fibreglass.

Headlight, speedo mounts was also CNC cut. Headlight will be 7" LED

Rear wheel will be replaced with 17"x5,5" rim. And Pirelli Phantom 180/55 tyre

Handlebars are shortned clubmans, biltwell grips and mirrors

Fuses, ignition and ecu is relocated under left sidecover (no airbox), also cut sidecovers and welded mounts.

CNC cut airfilter with foam filter

More pictures soon.

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
Nice! :)

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Oooh I love that airbox, beautifully made. You could probably sell a few of those to people here, although most have Keihins. That painting on the rim is pretty amazing too.

Overall some very nice work and a lot of skill put into it so far, well done.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Whoah! Very nice.
I'd love to see the stencil you're using. The paint looks great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More pics, had MOT done so changed headlight for halogen, might change it back to LED one day.

Also loosing one cyl. when raining, seems like middle cyl. HT lead/plug is moist, starting to look for coil on plug solutions (any info what COP will fit?) also it would look nicer if there would be no coil sticking out under gastank.

After rejetting carbs (160 main) runs nice, lovely raspy sound from intake.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Wow, looking great!! That's one hell of a transformation. Paint looks incredible

If you're looking for a COP solution, look for tt600 coils. You can get the electrical connectors (ford 4.6 coil connectors) from a number of places for about $10-15 and people have used everything from 1.22" automotive valve cover grommets to elderly folks' walker feet as sealing grommets. There are a few threads on this issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still wife's bike, but i still tend to lend it to pose around town. She rode it on the picture also.

Purchased yamaha R6 COPs, they seem to work also.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Nice! Back when I was just young lad and my older sister was dating my soon-to-be brother-in-law, he had a Dodge Dart all tricked out, had the same sort of 'lace' work in the custom painted panels down the length of the car. Made it look like marble, or granite. Haven't seen a paint job like it until now. Very nice!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts