Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, Sept 18 is the Fall Flood Run along the Mississippi in WI/MN. http://www.floodrun.org/. It is a huge Harley parade, full of traffic, crowds, bar hopping and the like. So, let's not do that.

But, is anyone up for a ride in the general vicinity that Saturday? Maybe we could drop in on a crowded town or two along the Flood Run route to see the freaks, then dart back out into the back roads for some fun riding. It is rewarding to be among that many bikes, knowing yours is the coolest of the group ;)

Details of when and where and how depends on who is interested. Anyone interested?

·
30,000 Posts
That second picture I will miss.

Perhaps the weekend after? I might have a run to Duluth on....I forget. I'll check. You available the weekend after?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Hey BonnieBlack!
Do you think the fall colors will be that nice in less than 2 weeks? Just asking.

·
Administrator
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That second picture I will miss.

Perhaps the weekend after? I might have a run to Duluth on....I forget. I'll check. You available the weekend after?
The next weekend of Sept 25 I'm camping with my boy and cub scout pack. Also going to the Birthday Ball, because I roll with high society don't you know. :cool:

Then Oct 2/3 is the Slimy Crud Run! DrBonnieBlack and I have an overnight babysitter, so we are free to pretend to be young again. Plan is to ride out Saturday and stay in Madison Saturday night, ride the SCR and back on Sunday. Maybe we can coordinate that? Although, if the weather gets too bad for Kim I'm going to have to put her before riding. Damn domestic life ;)

And MNTwin and I had talked about a ride in October, maybe the following weekend. He's up in your neck of the woods, so maybe we can get a group together for that?

That's how my life is lined up. If I can find a way to get someone to pay me to ride my motorcycle around I can quite work and that will free up some more riding time. No luck so far though :(

Hey BonnieBlack!
Do you think the fall colors will be that nice in less than 2 weeks? Just asking.
Well, why don't you come out and you can find out first hand! ;)

·
Administrator
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was cold today, in the 50s but cold for the 50s. So, there really weren't that many bikes out today compared to a usual Flood Run. Lots of cops out for sure, but not that many bikes really.

I rode up to Maiden Rock to see and be seen, and then rode a Wisconsin Rustic Road up there. Real rural, dirt with several water crossings. Just a beautiful fall day.

And then riding the road back the other way, no one around for a hundred (or 1 and a half) miles, there's a guy pulled over for a smoke riding a '79 Bonneville 750. Nice. We chatted a while and then I headed home.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Sometimes I wish I lived further north.... BonnieBlack, I am looking forward to seeing you and the Doctor in Sparta before SCR. Followed by a nice ride through Wildcat Mountain State Park.

·
Administrator
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is that a dead cat on your seat?
The butt pads from Alaska Leathers aren't that expensive, but the cats at the humane society are nearly free. The tough part is finding 8 kittens (or 3 adults) with matching pelts. If the pelts don't match fairly closely the stitch lines are too obvious.

I'm going to have Spencer at http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php repad my seat this winter, but I needed to do something until them. My seat has gotten so bad that it was crippling me, and people were starting to ask "why are you walking that way" at work? And they were assuming weird stuff I had never even considered before.

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-talk/149845-cheap-gel-fake-seat-mod-2.html#post1667865

1 - 18 of 18 Posts