Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could anyone tell me if there is any logical reason the plain black solo seat with rack is 50 dollars more then the one with white piping? In other words is the seat and rack quality the same except one has white piping? I would think if anything that one would cost more.

·
Registered
59 Posts
solo seat

Could anyone tell me if there is any logical reason the plain black solo seat with rack is 50 dollars more then the one with white piping? In other words is the seat and rack quality the same except one has white piping? I would think if anything that one would cost more.
Hi Mate on the british site the one with white piping is the most expensive one at £239.99 all black one is £197.99. I have the one with white piping, don't think they did the black one when i bought mine it is worth every penny, soooooooo comfy compared to the plank you get with the bike looks so much better too. Don't know why there is a difference in the price though. Perhaps they charge more for the white piping cause it's the same as the stock seat on the scrambler.
Steve

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I bought the Scrambler Solo Seat (white pin striping) off of the dealers showroom bike. I got it for about $199.00 cdn which is about about 133GBP.

It is by far the most comfortable seat out of the bunch. Why the price difference, I have no idea. In Canada the all black one wasn't available.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
You might find that Triumph will change the prices to be the same. I made an enquiry about "what's the difference between the two? Is one gel and the other not?". Well, it seems that Triumph sales didn't know they were different prices and they shouldn't be because they are both gel and are both exactly the same except for the piping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts