Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
We can cope. We'll make it into a random facts thread.

The sidewalks in Pompeii have light-colored rocks interspersed in the dark flagstones to make it easier to stay on them in the dark.

Doesn't help much when you're pi55ed, though. :D

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
My dear bobbo:

1. Living where you do, it can be assumed that there will be occasions where the fermented hops will be a strong Siren song.

BUT 2. I must say, I think this may well be the first posting of someone admitting to intoxication while participating in our banter.

AND 3. You are oh so correct about the Brits. Please elaborate after you have time to sober up.

:D

·
Registered
978 Posts
I say ban the British, those cocky bastards! If I had any say in the matter I would exclude them from the €uro! I would even prohibit them from using the metric system, exporting motorcycles or producing alcoholic beverages!

Next I propose we ban the German! What have they done for us?? The VW beatle? It's got the engine on the wrong side of the car!!!

What about the Spaniards? They sleep from 12:00 to 15:00! Is that normal?

And lest we forget the Americans. Block them all. From what I see on TV all of them wear shorts, wear caps and seem to listen to rap music and belong to some gangsta mob. Pfft.

errr.... hang on. I'm stepping out side to put the cover on the triple (no garage). Hope I've got some ice left... that scotch ain't gonna cool itself.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Ice in Scotch???!!!??? :eek: Are you mad? How are you supposed to taste it if you've chilled it down to near freezing? If you want to put ice in something, make ^&*!$ing margaritas!

tba, I'm quite certain you are correct. I don't believe demon drink has ever raised its ugly head in this august forum before today. Or something.

:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Indeed you are Nick!
Keep up the splendid work in devaluating your pound. It makes the rounds of golf, the pints and Arbroath smokies, and even the copies of the daily rags (page 3 cuties!) all the more affordable to visitors.
:D

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
As long as we can keep selling them to you chaps thats great. I'm no economist. Far from it, but I reckon a weak pound might be a good thing at the moment.

Besides we all know Brits are superior. Thats why we're here on a web forum for riders of our most superior product! :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
I've never felt any kind of nun :D

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Of course we are superior, always have been, and as the originaters of the best language, sports, motorcycles, I nearly said cars but unless you like Rolls Royce, Bentley, jaguar, Aston Martin, Triumph, maybe you would argue that one, alcohol finest Whiskey and beer, Not wine yet as global warming has not quite made the correct temps yet, of course we do have our faults, "erm Cannot think of any right now" :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Isn't there a joke along the lines of its preferable to have an English motorbike, French Wine, German Sausage and Italian woman, as opposed to French motorbike, English wine, Italian sausage and German woman? If not, there ought to be.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I'm not so sure it's about being Superior in anyway, more of another's recognition of their own inferiority against a time honoured yardstick - something to allude too? But the recognition of one's own umm.... lacking, laid against, compared and considered to another's way of being, cultural history etc... - can open the wounds of time and with ignorance and distortion erupt into an esteem issue - and inadequacy becomes the M.O. - deteriorating into blame, via denial - Not the way to go!
Yes the Brits do appear a little Superior, especially from beneath - but that is nothing but a relic, a refined Actor's mechanism designed to both impress and conceal intent when doing business for the Crown - Stature. The Empire's long gone, leaving a residual - a set of learnt mannerisms that can be taught or simply acquired through social interaction. Though a working class plumber from Newport Pagnell is hardly a snob or representative of what one would describe as the embodiment of Superiority, now is he?
The British public school system was designed to provide 'RP' speaking, proper people, to execute the daily business of the Crown, about the world. That system of providing a well homogenised and balanced work bot, still exists and is decidedly rooted in the Mercantile mechanisms that created the Empire - the various Guild schools etc... Some of these schools go way back - 970 AD for King's College Ely (lot of my friends went there). Though it was really after the 'Crown' acquisition of the British economy, in the early 1800's, after Napoleon's defeat that really pushed the Empire and the subsequent explosive need for smart well educated types - hence Eton, Harrow, Wellington, Malvern, Reed's, Rugby etc... all breeding Superior work bots, agents of the Crown of course they were superior - what else could they be!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts