Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....put my bikes away so soon? The weather's been absolutely perfect around here, with more due in the next few days, before the "bottom" is predicted to fall out! It gnawed me right in the gut to see so many bikes on the road this late in the season. I guess this is our long over-due "Indian Summer". It's been wonderful, and all I can do is watch fellow bikers stream past my house! Another bitter lesson learned in my "more-than-young" age! :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Weather here in Atlanta is 70ish today... perfect for riding! No dust cover here yet for sure! Maybe a few days in January when the wind is howling and it's 30 degrees!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I never put them away. I just keep the batteries charged, put Stabil in the gas tank and throw a cover over the bike. I'm always ready to go in a few minutes. It is good for the bike to ride it every month or two over the winter.

[ This message was edited by: banjobart on 2006-11-27 20:09 ]

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
On 2006-11-27 20:08, banjobart wrote:
I never put them away.
Neither do I... in close to 40 years of riding. Moreover, the last last few days have been incredibly (disturbingly?) warm here in Western Switz. as well. Highest November temp in 100 years of meticulously-kept weather records, as a matter of fact .

On the negative side, some famous ski resorts nearby might go bust. There's NO snow, period. Some int'l ski championship events have already been postponed.

Jamie

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
We have snow in the mountains and I had a light dusting at my house. However, I will continue to ride. Just as long as there's no ice and the sun's out , which in Reno in the afternoon generally means the temperature is above 40F.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm like banjobart, I keep the battery charged & the fuel ready with "Stabil" fuel stabilizer. On any good day, check the tires for ample pressure & Rock-n-Roll On. Done it that way for years (about 32 to be exact, well, Stabil wasn't invented way back in the beginning). Anyway, change the oil in the spring when riding is going to become the dominate mode of transpartation.

Grab a handful & hold on!

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
My R3 went up two weeks ago off the ground, stabilizer, tender in place and covered. (also cover over the cover)...Is Winterover yet?

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
after yesterday are you sorry you put the bike away? :-D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wish I could recall the additive I use. It adds 0.04$/gal. Three initials is all it is. I keep it in all vehicles during the winter and the generator always. They say it will bring stale gas back to refinery freshness and do so for a year or more. Industrial stuff and much cheaper than Stabil. when my genius recalls I'll post... :???:

[ This message was edited by: HeR3tic on 2006-12-21 21:16 ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts