Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen quite a few on the roads, any groups or meet-ups? I am surprised that we don't have a thriving RAT Pack.

Fronz

·
Registered
61 Posts
Too many hipsters. Their is a definite stereotype associated with the Bonnevilles etc. As soon as I mentioned getting a Scrambler, people looked at me funny. Not because it's a bad bike, but because they have never seen me wearing plaid or skinny jeans.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes sense, I guess. Damn their beards and leather bracelets. I guess we wait out the fad, start a group in the future?

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
False Creek T100 SMQ new rider checking in!
Passed the road test yesterday.

Where's the action?

Mike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Vancouver connection

Hi, I am usually on the triple forum (96 Thunderbird) but I just picked up a T100 and am having a blast on it. Looking to meet up with other Bonny riders. I'm located in Maple Ridge.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
This thread needs some pics!

IMG_20150428_182837.jpg

Reactions: seebarg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cool bike! I was considering the solo seat with rack but have decided to keep the stock seat for now and just add a rack. Ordered but still waiting for it to arrive along with some other parts.

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
I'm heading to Victoria this Sunday on the T100 SMQ...one night there, then two in Tofino. Looking to do some day rides at each place.
Might be meeting up with one islander T100 rider on Sunday for a ride around Sooke Loop Road. Looking forward to checking out Wheelie's Cafe in Vic.

Anyone have other tips/places I should check out or avoid?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
Was just at a bike night in Richmond put on by my riding school 1st Gear‎. Only three other Triumphs out of maybe 80 bikes! Two bonnevilles, a street triple and a tiger. *Coulda used you there.*

There is a Spit & Shine show July 18....someplace downtown. I'm a planning to go. Would be wild to get some fellow Triumphs there.
http://theshopvancouver.com/spit-n-shine/

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
Just tried to book some service at Pacific Motorsports and was told they will no longer be servicing Triumphs in a month...no access to parts, no warranty work etc.
Any good non-affliliated shops to recommend? I've tried Rising Sun for flat rear and they seemed pretty good. But I need some transmission diagnosis....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have you tried International Motorsports (Triumph of Langley)?

They will be the only Lower Mainland store if this is true. If you want to stick with the brand for awhile, may as well establish a relationship.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Are you guys still meeting somewhere in Van for a Triumph gathering ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
I swear it's like herding cats!
Can we do a meet up sometime? Anyplace/time works for me as I'm sort "retired" right now....

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
I'm thinking of doing an intermediate rider training session at Pitt Meadows track this Sunday...my riding school announced it, but I think it's put on by the track and anyone can come out.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts