Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
On 2006-11-16 08:06, dr_gallup wrote:
The question I ask is why do all those people buy cruisers? Can't turn, don't stop well, look funny if you ask me. But that is the majority of sales. Worthless POS. I get so pissed off riding in the mountains this time of year with the trains of slow moving Hardly Davidson's blocking the roads. And they still manage to run off the rode and kill themselves at low speeds due to total absence of safety gear. At least the squids on sport bikes aren't holding up the cagers.
I'm with the Doc. Fully-faired, hunchover sportbikes don't appeal to me, but they perform well; if one can tolerate the riding position, they make sense. Cruisers, OTOH, make no sense at all!

·
Registered
42 Posts
On 2006-11-16 09:36, kwajazz wrote:
Hey Wheelspeed, I'm curious about your physical dimensions, I'm 6'1"' and have a 33" inseam ( a little on the tall side ). I dont personally find the S3 cramped. But that's just me.
kjazz

I'm 5'-11". I think the pegs-to-seat distance is about the same as on the zx9. That distance doesn't kill me, but it seems like they'd be an inch lower on a bike that's meant to be a step removed from the track. Plus, with the bars high and comfy on the triple, it brought new awareness to how much the knees are bent. Just kind of annoying. And I've tried lowering pegs before but it doesn't seem to work well for the brake lever.

I bet it's the magazines' fault. They slam a bike for touching pegs easily, but they don't mention anyone can fix that (and give up some comfort) by paying $300 or so for rear-sets. Just like the 'top-gear roll-on' tests making so many bikes have their 6th gears spinning at a ridiculous 5000 rpm on the highway... :hammer:

·
Banned
798 Posts
I hear ya. I've been switching between the Thrux and the S3 alot lately and the S3 just feels like a more "standard" configuration. It's actually alot tighter feeling than my Concours for instance, which now feels like a chopper compared to the Thrux.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm glad Triumph put the pegs where it did. As it is, I touch one every once in a while. I wouldn't want to pay for rear-sets just so it would have the amount of cornering clearance it should have had in the first place.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
On 2006-11-16 08:06, dr_gallup wrote:
The question I ask is why do all those people buy cruisers?
i'll remark on harley davidson. when a guy buys a harley, he's buying his identity.
(it's all boxed up and ready to go! no figuring out to do!)

i was behind a guy on hwy 1 the other day, on a slow twisty section behind cars, so we were inching along. i looked at this uber clean shaven guy through his mirror (half helmet on), and he had this totally smug face on. his lips were all elvis-like. it was hilarious! he was living it baby! :) wish a had a photo. (then i wondered if he actually knew he had that expression on)
i was laughing pretty hard.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cruisers suck? ***, why? Cruiser guys sometimes get the worst deal because of a handful of harley guys that act like ********.

Motorcycles are popular in different countries because of different riding environments.

Cruisers are poplular here in the good ole US of A because of the long roads and distances. It allows you to relax and cruise in a straight line, come over here to West Texas and cruisers are the*****....I love em.

Streetfighter bikes are very popular in a city environment, good torque, easy to handle and more natural position.

Most of your track bike guys are young, inexperienced and purchase based on what their friends suggest. You can call them sheep, but usually they grow up and eventually begin to think for themselves. Have faith.

I traded my track bike for that reason, I never made it to the track enough and I got tired of my lower back killing me....
:razz:

The bottom line is that all internal combustion 2 wheel machines are cool no matter what.... :hammer:

[ This message was edited by: TheGuvnor on 2006-11-16 17:07 ]

·
Registered
591 Posts
People buy jeeps and never off road,
They buy condoms and never f#ck,
They fart and never sh!t,
Come and never go.

What do you say to a guy with a rice fueled track monster in downtown Boise? "I f#cked your girlfriend. Is that bike as good a ride as she was?"

:upthumb:

·
Banned
798 Posts
On 2006-11-16 17:13, zooplancton wrote:
The bottom line is that all internal combustion 2 wheel machines are cool no matter what.... :hammer:
at the end of the day, this is true. i'd love to have a vintage bike someday.
oh yeah? well, vintage bikes SUUUUUK!!!! ah heck, I'm just kidding. It looks like this thread has reached it's conclusion. No one wants to argue anymore, krap.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So I guess I am one of the only few on here that seems to think "Tek" has a loaded question for everyone who rides full faired bikes?

"whenever i meet someone on a full faired sportbike, i always have to ask, "so what track do you race at?" mostly everytime they say, "oh i don't race on a track." and i reply, "yeah? then what are you doing with a bike that was built for the track?"

Looks loaded to me! Come one you already have your answer for them.

This is a line of questioning that has your own personnel statements inter-mingled within. Matter of fact after re-reading again, there doesn't sem to be really anything that remotley resembles a question in there!!!!

So everyone on this forum who has a full faired bike and does not go to the track is some kind of poser? We can't just like to have a full faired bike? And if we don't go to the track we get snubbed? Or if I have a cruiser and want to just cruise around at a snails pace, I am some sort of detrement to you?

Bottom line.....RIDE!!! Why do you think the bike companies cater to so many different styles? It would be lame if all we had to choose from is just naked bikes for around town!!!!! We would all be screwin the same chicks..................!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Hey-not over yet! Why do some women get boob jobs and NOT pole dance at the local titty bar? Why do some guys get hair transplants and then wear hats? Why do people buy SUV's and never take them off road? Why do most people not give a*****??

·
Registered
178 Posts
:ppcn:

Ride whatever you like. If someone told me I could drive a 700hp Nascar as a daily driver without converting it to street legal, I would.

My thoughts, if your wallet can afford it your right hand/foot will use it. To each there own.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts