Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is finding a replacement spoke and rims for my 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100 so difficult? The lady a Buchanan's was absolutely no help whatsoever. Apparently the hub on a 2009 is different then a 2010 yet the wheel sizes are the same?

Does anyone have any suggestion on where and how I can find a reasonably priced aftermarket rim (used or new) to fit my bonne without any major modification?

·
Registered
948 Posts
I've just bought some Carrozzeria wheels that should arrive tomorrow. I have a 04 Thruxton with ali rims in good nick. Pm me if your interested.

Chris.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have devon rims. The guy name is Douge, is a great , supportive person, real craftsman. He made custom alu for me with tulon hubs, they are STUNNING! I ride on gravel roads, on the small offroad, nothing, like new. I hva ebeen using it for a month now, ut it was worth, also they are lighter then stock:))

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Have the rims changed with the new hubs? I thought--but don't know--that the rims are the same as they have been all along.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to check those out thanks.

Buchanan Spoke has pre package kits for 2009 and earlier. I checked on Bikebandit and the hub assembly part number is the same on a 2009 and the 2010. Why would they tell me that the hub is different? I feel like I need wheel education 101 here.

I have devon rims. The guy name is Douge, is a great , supportive person, real craftsman. He made custom alu for me with tulon hubs, they are STUNNING! I ride on gravel roads, on the small offroad, nothing, like new. I hva ebeen using it for a month now, ut it was worth, also they are lighter then stock:))

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
If by pain in the arse you mean expensive, I'd have to agree with you. Would love to get some Alum rims from Buchanan myself, just haven't won the big lottery yet. Maybe one of these days... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
You have straight spokes, right? No angle at the end where it goes into the hub? That would be the "new" hub. I think that it changed in 2009, so that might be the reason for the confusion.

I believe that the rim is the same, and you could verify that on Bike Bandit by comparing the rim for your bike with, for example, the rim for a 2007.

If I were you, I'd contact Buchanan's directly with your situation and ask what they recommend. It could well be that the web site simply hasn't been updated.

·
Registered
372 Posts
look at bellacorse. they sell the talon hubs with aluminum rims and spokes. kinda of pricy though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.