Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing MeanChuck's '95 Triumph Speed Triple. Here's the link to da bike.

http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=65016&forum=35

He offered it to me for $4k without the carbon fiber pieces. With the carbon pieces $4500. It needs new tires, rotors and brakes.
I talked to MeanChuck for 1.5 hrs on the phone today. He impressed with all the work he's put into the bike. I can "read" people really well and he seemed really honest. So I want eveyrbodies take on the bike and MeanChuck. Everything goes.
Let me hear it!!

yes i wrote a post saying meanmike. mean mike is my friend who is suppose to go with me to get the bike, but his wife has him on a leash so he can't go. so i had that a!* on my mind. plus im on 4.5 hrs a sleep. good night.

[ This message was edited by: vitonxl on 2007-03-04 00:30 ]

·
Registered
572 Posts
I am only taking off the three carbon fiber engine covers and putting the stock ones on. It needs tires, rear rotor and rear pads. Don't forget to ask this in the T300 forum, glad to see you took my advise.

[ This message was edited by: meanchuck on 2007-03-04 03:39 ]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Do a search on this site with Chuck's name. Find the one with the photos of his custom street fighter that he's building.

That's all I have to say....

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
While meanchuck has admitted that he hasn't done all the work on the bike by himself, he sure has some significant things and he has the knowledge to boot. He keeps a real clean machine as you can tell by the photos and awards he's won on the bike.

Good for you! Lucky purhase!

·
Registered
171 Posts
MeanChuck is a very large sized, angry looking man(check out the hotos). I would stay away from him if at all possible, that being said he has an awesome S3 and a pretty friggin' sweet streetfighter, still watch out he's been known to grind men's bones for bread :-D

·
Registered
242 Posts
i heard he once took on 3 R.O.U.S.'s(rodants of unusual size) and was victorious. plus his bike looks nice. go for it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You guys are a trip. Capt. Rat you can dare to call him Susan. I sure ain't. He's 300lb and i'm 170 soak'n wet with a bar in my back. He would probably make me into a bike stand.
I'm having a problem getting down there. So many people owe me favors but there not man enough to owe up. I'm getting pissed. No way I'm giving up. If it's meant to be it will all work out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On 2007-03-04 19:21, Captain_Rat wrote:
www.greyhound.com

Capt.
i can't ride it back. i haven't rode in 5 years. plus it's freak'n 20 degrees here and snowing. o and don't give that "your not a real biker if you don't ride for 6 hrs. in this weather". :hammer:
so then i need a truck with a hitch and a trailer. audi a4 can tow it but i don't have a hitch. im working on getting a trailer. i have to talk to the guy at work tomorrow. hopefully there's a way i can attach it to my car. i have to hooks on the back of the car, so i can pull people out of ditches (ahh not ditches but big snow drifts). the car has some ballz.
so any suggestions about how to hook a trailer would be nice. two guys i was hoping for can't because ones working and ones to busy building a home right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts