Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone's new Blue/white Thunderbird is sitting at Performance Cycle in OKC. I stopped by yesterday and they were doing the PDI on it. I got to sit on it and listen to it when they did the startup. They always put about 4 miles on the bike to ensure everything is ok and working properly, I volunteered but since it was a pre-oreder they would not let me take out. Oh well, I will just have to wait for my ABS one to arrive.

I can tell you that they sure look awesome in person, the pics of them don't do them justice and it looks and feels much more petite than what you would think based on the pics and the stated weight of the bike. Sure sounded good too, can't wait to get mine with the short TORs.

So, who's is it? Anyone here?

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
it looks and feels much more petite than what you would think based on the pics and the stated weight of the bike.
thats what i was saying, but i don\'t think people can believe it till they sit on it themselves. I sat on the Tbird and the Rocket one after the other to get a instant A/B feeling of the difference. ....nite and day. If the feeling in both weight and size of the rocket is 10, and the speedmaster zero, the Tbird feels like a 2 or 3. theres that much difference. But people thing because it weighs close to the same that cant be. I think the weight feels so much less because a lot of it is in the balancers which are low down in the crank case so the center of gravity is low. Therefore you don\'t feel it. On the R3 just one look makes it obvious a lot of the motor\'s weight is carried quite high. I gotta say tho, the R3 is so much bigger looking and feeling it\'s hard to believe the difference in weight is so smal.....really hard to believe. They did a heck of a job on this bike no doubt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts