Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone (besides Sidi) sell riding boots for wide feet? Real sport boots. Not work boots, or engineer boots. Something with ankle and heel cups. I wear tactical type boots now, but they really wouldn't protect against a twisting or crushing injury.
Thanks.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I wear a 13 in shoes and they all have to be wide. Sidi was a little over priced for me so I looked at other makers. I've got Alpinestar S-MX 5 boots. They come in size up to 14 I believe and they're plenty wide enough. With a Dr. Scholls insert I can literally wear them all day long. They're EXTREMELY comfortable and have decent water proof capabilities. In the Houston heat they're not terribly warm and they have decent air flow thru them. They're really easy to get in and out of and they offer great ankle support and allow a wide range of movement. I've worn them all day at work under jeans in the office and no one seems to even notice they're full on motorcycle boots. Here's a link to where I got them from.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/17129/ITEM/Alpinestars-S-MX-5-Boot.aspx?SiteID=CSE_GBase_036&WT.mc_ID=80003&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=17129

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
I'm glad you got a good response from posting here (this thread was originally in the Street Triple forum), but the Boots subforum of the Gear & Gadgets area is really where this question needs to be, for benefit of all future visitors using that forum to seek similar enlightenment.

Knowledge for all through Street Triple inquisitiveness! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
For the record, I wear a 9 1/2 H (depending on the manufacturer, that is roughly 4E to 6E). I've also been cursed with high arches. We've all heard the jokes, but my feet really do look like Fred Flintstone's. Except I have 5 toes.

Aaron, Thanks for the suggestion. I've spotted those, but haven't seen any local to try on. I haven't had very good luck buying shoes on the Internet.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Rjays brand in Australia make a range if boots that are a wider foot than the popular Euro brands.

I have the Altitude boot as I also have wide feet.
They are well made and all leather, mine are ladsting very well after several years.including track days and riding in all weathers.

http://www.rjays.com.au/home/products/boots-altitude-boots.html#

DaveM

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Rossi boots from OZ are great for wide feet! Really comfortable and well-made. I had to get them in Brisbane, couldn't find a distributor in the US. There may be one now....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts