Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drove by best buy about 2 hours ago. saw about 10 tents already lined up. i waited in line 14 hours last year for xbox360. im about to leave work here in another half an hour to go to best buy and wait in line.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm going to wait 3 months or so to see what bugs it has first... :assim: If it's all good, I'll grab one in Feb-March. I had a choice to make.. get a Speedy or get a PS3... Like it's even a contest. :-D :hammer:

·
Registered
293 Posts
No desire to pay that kinda dough for a game console.

Aren't they having some pretty serious bug issues in Japan already anyway? Or is that the Nintendo Wii?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm there. Been there since 4pm Tuesday. I get it tonight at Midnight from Wal Mart.

You guys can talk all the trash you want about getting a life, girlfriend, etc., but here's the deal:

Buy it for $600 now.

Sell it on Ebay for around $3,000ish. (Current going price...which is only going to go up even more after this weekend)

Buy a new one in March when they are more readily available and the kinks are worked out if there are any.

Have an awesome new system, blu-ray disc player, a few games, and STILL pocket $2,000+ for only a few nights in front of Wal Mart.

Sweet investment if you ask me.

JOHN

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
What is this "Playstation" of which you young people speak?

When I was a Young Person, I wanted a playing station but my parents would not build me one, instead telling me that if I wanted a playing station, I must venture outside the cave and make my own.

So my friend Thag and I dug holes with our bare hands and sheltered ourselves in these playing stations whilst attempting to lob stones at one another. It was much fun, except when one of the stones landed upon the head, or upon the Stones of our Private Portions, which caused much consternation.

We did not have to camp out to dig our playing stations, though we would occasionally cover them with many skins of animals for shelter against the cold and rain and camp within them. It was much fun, except when the holes filled with water.

This is why we later built our playing stations in trees. It was Thag's idea. At least that's what I told my mother when he fell out and injured his stones.

After that, we were not allowed to make playing stations any more, because they are dangerous. I do not miss them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Oh mighty R100Pilot, I am falling to the ground and rolling around
with a total lack of control of my limbs and bodily functions.

AA

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Didn't have much in the way of toys back in my day. Most fun I got was when Mom would roll me in bacon fat so the dog would play with me. :-D

·
Registered
919 Posts
On 2006-11-16 15:27, graciejohn2 wrote:
I'm there. Been there since 4pm Tuesday. I get it tonight at Midnight from Wal Mart.

You guys can talk all the trash you want about getting a life, girlfriend, etc., but here's the deal:

Buy it for $600 now.

Sell it on Ebay for around $3,000ish. (Current going price...which is only going to go up even more after this weekend)

Buy a new one in March when they are more readily available and the kinks are worked out if there are any.

Have an awesome new system, blu-ray disc player, a few games, and STILL pocket $2,000+ for only a few nights in front of Wal Mart.

Sweet investment if you ask me.

JOHN
Good luck on your capitalist adventure. I just looked at EBAY. The highest priced one is $2300. I would expect prices to drop quickly once they start becoming available. Can't be too many people stupid enough to pay 400% of list price. So unload it quick.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I am neither young (almost 50) nor single (10 years with same gal)
I love to frag on my XBox 360!

Either sit and watch "Bad" news or painfully stupid sitcoms at night.
Or, Be your own Movie, Wasting, or being wasted by bad guys, monsters or mazes.

The reality of the next-gen games is simply amazing, try 30 minutes on "Call to duty 2"
You will feel like you just went through an episode of "Saving private Ryan"

When I am disgusted with politicians or re-runs and have no mods to do on the bike.

I crack a cold one and put the settings to "Veteran" and try to stay alive.

I bought my Xbox 4 months after release, It is in repair as I type this, So, They still had bugs (overheating problems causing crash).

I will own the PS3 also... Business tax write off for my waiting area. :wink:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Who?

I went to the Best Buy in the LBC last night and it looked like the young parolee convention was waiting for the things.

At least this will keep them off the 405 for a while.

[ This message was edited by: MrBiff2You on 2006-11-16 17:30 ]

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
The S3 is too much fun. Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

·
Registered
969 Posts
All I have done today is respond on a disturbance at best buy, a disturbance at target, Shopko.... it's unbelievable. People are getting so bent out of shape because the businesses want to raffle the first so many places in line so that they do not have any in store problems, people at the front of the line are being threatened... Ect. There have been phone calls from newspapers, corporate offices. People are trying to get a store manager fired for not allowing them to camp in front of their store. SHEESH! I understand the possible profit, but come on! I almost had to arrest one guy because he wouldn't leave when the manager asked him to.
Good luck to anyone willing to put up with that.

·
Registered
489 Posts
On 2006-11-16 16:00, Limey wrote:
Didn't have much in the way of toys back in my day. Most fun I got was when Mom would roll me in bacon fat so the dog would play with me. :-D
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt

1 - 20 of 42 Posts