Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright ladies and gents....and Cheapbastard...hehe...i have a proposition for all ya ll in the good ole States...

Who here on these Triumph forums would welcome a fellow traveling Triumph owner into their place without meeting them?

You might ask why.... good question...well it has been a plan in the working of mine and the the girlfriend to do a ride across the country next summer. She is graduating from UCLA and wants to do a road trip for a couple months come late spring/summer.... We have places in Washington, Arizona, Texas, Minnesota, Tennessee, and other places that we have friends or relatives.

I have been on this site for a good time and i think it would be a blast to meet some of you faukers...haha... We plan on renting out our place and just making the best of it till we get tired or run out of road...We want to cover lots of the country and see most of the usual tourist hot spots...We want to keep it light/ minimal baggage and document the journey(via blog and photos) along the way.

As of right now....there isn't a definite route, that will take shape in a few months. I just know that it would be nice getting valuable info from the locals like yourselves. Who knows we might meet some new friends along the way....

Let us know what ya ll think...Thanks Dano...

·
Registered
215 Posts
If your girl is hot you have a better chance of staying here. :-D

[ This message was edited by: StuckInKansas on 2006-12-14 03:48 ]

·
Registered
583 Posts
hey man, you promise to return the favor you'ld be more than welcome at my place, my girl may have another oppinion, but if your looking for a place to stay near philly, buying me dinner might call it even.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Okay Dano, I was kidding about your girl being hot, although it is a plus :-D . But seriously, I'm with J on this, dinner sounds fair. I am in Lawrence, KS. Home of KU, a great brewery, and a decent college town scene. It is right on I-70, although I don't know if you are wanting to avoid the superslabs. I don't have a big nice place, but as long as your not some rich snob it should be fine. Airbed in the living room? I dunno if you might find better, but the offer is there. (I may be coming to Cali before then, SF area...) :wink:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I'll be in Dallas come January for grad school and my wife is here in NW Ohio if you're swinging through. Don't know if I'll have a spare bed by the time you're coming through Texas, but I'll probably have garage space and plenty of room.

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
You can stay in my basement. I will lock you in a trunk and you shall dress up in a leather suit and be my gimp.

It`ll be fun, I promise...

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Well hell, if I let Limey stay at the house, who could be any worse, right? :wink: :-D I would be up fer it Dano, but would have to run it by the wife fer certain. Maybe I could talk her and the kids into staying with her mom fer a coupla days, that way, if yer like a psyco-killer-freaky-jason-mofo, you will only git me. :-D Fer real though, keep me in mind, I'm in King, NC, great roads all around, just ask Limey. :wink: :-D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks like you have a place to stay in Minnesota, it would be cool to meet up though. It's always great to meet fellow Triumph riders. Actually, now that I think of it, I only know one other person that actually rides a triumph in the area!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If you're going to make your way up to the northeast you're welcome to stay here in rural NJ. I live about an hour west of New York City. If you don't want to take the bikes into the city there is a train station in town to get you there.

Guest bedroom is yours and you'll have a full bath to yourselves. And no, you'll have spent enough money so you don't have to buy us dinner. My wife is a good cook...our treat.

Warning: two young kids and a big licky dog would also be entertaining you.

Capt.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Dano,

I noticed you are in Redlands.

I live in Temecula, so if you get tired after riding 30 miles, then you can crash at my place for sure! :hammer:

Have a safe trip.

JOHN

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've got a spare bedroom, bath and 30 cases of CA red wine. Lots of good riding just north of me in the Blue Ridge. I'm only a half days ride west of cheapbastard even though we have never managed to meet for a ride.

I sleep with a high capacity 45 so I ain't skeered of no hippy Charles Manson type.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
On 2006-12-14 08:39, cheapbastard wrote:
sweeeeeeeeet, I'm going to the Capt's house! :-D
Captain Obvious says:
"Hold on there, sonny! Cheapbastard is not comfortable anywhere that doesn't have an outhouse. He'll get confused and ***** in the dog dish."

Capt.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Cheaps place is humble but it keeps the critters off ya a night

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Oh, yer welcome down here in FL if ya don't mind dogs around the house. I also have large guns. :-D

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow, you guys here are great....the other forums havent even responded once. i must admit thought it kinda scary when some said my condition of staying at your place was if my girl was hot...well if she is really hot do i get a free room and dinner....hahaha...
ill get back to everyone later on all the personal invites, yall rule....by the way...here is my girl..this is when we went to Moto GP this summer in Monterey

1 - 20 of 36 Posts