Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..."thick" translates to "dumb" in "American" which is actually English with a smaller vocabulary and lots of spelling mistakes... but anyway...

Americans are getting hysterical about nut allergies (difficult considering the percentage of nuts in the population)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7773210.stm

...and then they go about shooting 15 - 20,000 of each other a year...

Hopefully Obama will make it compulsory for all Americans to own firearms and eat peanuts and before long the problem will sort itself out.. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
is this a serious thread or tongue in cheek? sometimes its difficult to tell in the dank, communication degrading realm of the interweb.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
..."thick" translates to "dumb" in "American" which is actually English with a smaller vocabulary and lots of spelling mistakes... but anyway...

Americans are getting hysterical about nut allergies (difficult considering the percentage of nuts in the population)

Hopefully Obama will make it compulsory for all Americans to own firearms and eat peanuts and before long the problem will sort itself out.. :)
HEY! Quit making fun of our population control system!

For yearly updates on the effectivity of this process, please google for "the darwin awards" which will show the reasons behind this national policy.

BTW, wonder WHY the UK pulled all guns from their subjects?? At least a few of us "colonials" know how to handle ours...the rest just shoot themselves in the leg :eek: (way to go, Plaxico!);)

Derswede

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
The third paragraph of the article states "A UK allergy expert said a similar "epidemic" was present in Britain."

So what was your point again? :p

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts

Mate, my apologies if this is just pommy tongue in cheek humour, if it is, we should all have a good laugh about it. However, it`s only fair to point out that it is coming across as a bit Jingoistic.

I would like to redress the balance. I was born in the UK and lived there for 35 years. I can write 2000 words about why I would rather live in Chad, Niger, China, Usbekistan or in fact ANY other country than live in the UK.

I happen to live in the best country in the world, Australia, but if it ceased to exist tomorrow, America would be my next country of choice, so lets not be too hard on the yanks and we should not pass opinion of their gun control, unless we have experienced it first hand. I`m not just passing off an internet opinion by the way, I have done it FOR REAL and have lived in Aus since 99.

I own several firearms, handguns and rifles. None of them have ever been used in robberies or to kill people. If you have been a firearm owner, I am very happy to listen to your reasoning as to why legal licenced firearms are dangerous or a threat. If, like most pommies, your experience of firearms has been in the cadets or airguns at the fairground, and the opinions you are churning out are 'gov-speak' then you should probably do some more research, before you vent.

I served in the British Army for 5 years (1st QDG) they were very happy to give me a gun and train me to shoot people. Which at times, I did. When I left I was the surrounded by indoctrination about the evil of guns. America, was always used as the 'boogeyman' to demonstrate the evil of guns.

When I came to Aus, I joined a pistol club and I shoot more ammo in a week with my pistol, than I did in year with the British Army! I shoot at paper targets in various competitions, it`s highly enjoyable and I don`t feel the need to go on a killing spree or hold up a convenience store.

If someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night, I do not know what will happen. I guess he will end up staring down the barrel of my gun. I will have the choice of influencing this outcome. I won`t have to sit back and watch bad things happen to my family because I have no control.

Readmarx, if bad people come into your house late at night you can smack them with your ruler, or inform them of their human rights. If bad things happen to your family you can tell them, "hey, it`s OK, because I stuck to my moral high ground." I`m sure it will make them feel much better. Assuming they live through it, of course.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
As I understand it the whole nut scare fiasco was put out by a guy called Boll Weevel, he wants all peanut crops reverted back to cotton.

--------------
Ride on ! :cool:

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
That's a darn funny video, Triiick. I particularly like the fact that one of the links that shows up afterwards is "US Army stuck in mud", and it's the exact same video. And it's really probably marines anyway, whether Royal or colonial. :p

I have to give a big nod of agreement to welshrob before asking "would someone please give me a call when we decide what this thread is about?"

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
Very border-line tongue in cheek, shades of an anti-gun thread or general rant. Which incidentally as Rob well knows if he attempted anything like that with his firearms his licence would be yanked straight away and he would be facing prosecution.

Some things don't translate well over the net and it's good to see the US members took this well.

----------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
What Welsh rob does not say is that, for all those people that leave the UK each year, there is a flood coming back because they cant adapt to France, Spain, Australia etc the list goes on. It may not be great here, but it ain't bad!

But is sad that this is a pointless thread - and I take exception to snide remarks about the military who lay down their lives so people have the freedom to leave the UK, then come back if they so choose!

Moderator? Hello? Time to shut this nonsense down. It has nothing to do with Triumph.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
Well we can't be too sensitive, isn't this what the original link is all about, gross over reaction about nuts !

......I'm sure those marines had a good laugh afterwards !

--------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Who's making snide remarks about the military? I served, and was darn proud to do so. I also laughed myself stupid on several occasions, along with my fellow soldiers.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Glad to hear you laughed. I didnt laugh with this thread.
No offence meant, just a personal view.
My family served too, in many theatres, so I know the value of humour in the right circumstances.
Personally, I would rather hear about biking stories on this thread.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Just for the record, being of Irish-American descent, I was always told that "thick" meant stubborn and unchangeable.

....but then again, maybe I'm just "thick": Jim

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
What Welsh rob does not say is that, for all those people that leave the UK each year, there is a flood coming back because they cant adapt to France, Spain, Australia etc the list goes on. It may not be great here, but it ain't bad!

But is sad that this is a pointless thread - and I take exception to snide remarks about the military who lay down their lives so people have the freedom to leave the UK, then come back if they so choose!

Moderator? Hello? Time to shut this nonsense down. It has nothing to do with Triumph.
Just for the record those were BRITISH TROOPS on a training mission. No feelings were hurt and know ones ego was killed in the filming of this exercise...!! There are NUTS and STICK IN THE MUDS on both sides of the pond..

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Logic says that those of us who have been trained and trained well, who are law abiding, productive members of society should be allowed to carry. Police officers can not be every where at all times. We need to have a means to protect ourselves and others when they can not be there.

I have had a carry permit for over 12 years with out incident. If some one breaks into my house I intend to terminate the miscreant. If a citizen should be in need of assitance I intend to help them.

I find it much better to be proactive then to sit around with a thumb up the proverbial arse. So do people die from being shot? Yes yes they do but a lot of times the bad guys get to die and I make no apologies for that. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts