Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I do. And I know some of you do too. So who's in the "twist and chuckle" club?

With the Bubs revving around a lot of concrete sounds like an army of vintage racers is coming through.

It's good.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I'm definitely in that club. Man o man I live for that stuff. I can't wait to hear the bubs, all my parts (head, etc) should be sitting on my porch when I get home and I'm going to start reassembly of the motor. Hopefully it'll be fired up Friday night or Saturday AM and the Bubs will be screaming under this one bridge near my house.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
We have a bunch of short tunnels around here running under the old Erie-Lackawanna rail line. It's hard to resist a good throttle crack or decel pop now and again. :-D

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think my Thruxton sounds great with the Predators but when riding in a tunnel or under a bridge but, pales in comparisson to one of the cars I had. The sound of the turbo spooling, blow off valve, exhaust, and intake all in one was music to the ears, especially when under a bridge or in a tunnel. My mind may change once I can hear the induction of the carbs on the Thrux since since doing the air box elimination.

[ This message was edited by: OldSkoolFool on 2007-03-08 16:56 ]

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Ummmmm .... yeah ..... just can't help myself! It isn't the big blast I enjoy, but just rocking the throttle up a bit, then back a bit, and listening to the music. Maybe a smooth downshift, and then a roll on. Awww, whatever, it's like composing your own song every time you ride thru a tunnel.

Bob

·
Registered
913 Posts
:upthumb: :-D

SUV's, mini-vans, boxtrucks, tractors... they all make a nice reverb. Hell, cars too for that matter. :razz:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Oh ya....it's got to be done.
One of the best places are the pipe tunnels that lead
to the infield at Daytona raceway

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ohio and Indiana have some covered bridges that are fun, too. Also some good tunnels on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Almost forgot, tunnel under Cumberland Gap btween Ky. and Tenn. is almost a mile long!

·
Registered
57 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread, but those of you with the bubs; do you have any complaints with them. i have heard that they are loud, loud is definitely what i want. i run a shop and we do a lot of bub/reinhart exhausts on the big bore jap bikes and they sound great. i just want to make sure before i buy them for the thrux.

btw to answer the question, i always rev for the joy of the sound. not only revving but the hard downshift to hear the gurgles bouncing off of everything.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Bubs are loud if you whack the throttle, but have a nice
deep rumble at idle. I've heard a lot of different pipes up close,
and still like these the best.
The Thunderbike pipes sound really good, but are a little quieter.
I had the short TORS, and hated them. I gave them away.
They were really raspy sounding.
The Sceptres are real loud, and raspy as well.
The Specialty Spares sound good to me also.

Hope this helps,
Uncle Charlie
BTW, these were all on SM/TBA

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have both the Specialty Spares tts and the Bub mini megaphones. Both are nice and loud. The Bubs have a slightly mellower, less percussive tone. Either is a good choice if you want a pipe with some stonk to it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Oh yeah, man...I'm definitely in! I'm also a member of the twist-n-chuckle-when-passing-golf-courses and twist-n-chuckle-when-passing-the-I'm-a-lazy-can't-rise-before-11:30AM-student-dorms clubs too. I especially love the latter! I know I'm insensitive, but my D&Ds make me do it. They're my hooligan badge o' honor! Hehehehe!

[ This message was edited by: SLOBonnie on 2007-03-08 22:42 ]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts