Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has fitted the Keihin FCR 39mm carburettor kit, as supplied by British Customs.

Were they a simple fit, or are there any modifications required.

Is the stock throttle cable used.

Are the performance gains worthwhile.

Any opinions on these carbs would be most welcome.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I've spent my fair share of coin with BC, when it came to adding carb's on my bike I went with Mikuni HSR 42mm carbs from Bonneville Performance

These carbs have been tested and developed on a street bike as well as flat track racing bikes for our Bonnie's. If your gonna go with carb's...this is the way to go imo.

Whether or not the gain's realized are worthwhile is a matter of opinion. In the end I spent roughly 162.5 dollar's per hp gained on paper. Prior to adding the carbs on my bike I had nearly 75hp. 904 kit, billet intakes, exhaust cam advanced 1 tooth, airbox removal, ai removal, predators.

I gained 8hp on paper...you do the math on total cost.

Also, there's alot of dyno sheet's out there by independant tester's with these carb's on their bikes. These dyno operator's have nothing to gain from false #'s on Bill's product's.

I have as of yet to hear of or see this from BC.

These carb's come with airbox removal and billet intakes...you've already got the airbox removal on your bike so that will make it a little cheaper than the price listed on Bill's site. These part's bolt up with no issues, included are new throttle cable, pod filters, grip's, billet intakes, carb's already synchronized and ready to go.

And just so there's no confusion, I'm not a employee, I get no discount's or perk's. I just want to see those who are seeking aftermarket carb's get the most bang for their buck.

Good luck with your project, and post pictures when you start it. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had FCRs on standard thruxton did not buy a kit just carbs and intakes had to have a cable made up did not really spend a lot of time on set up and was not perfect but it did pull a lot stronger than standard set up I have almost finished head and cam mods and will refit and tune correctly I do not forsee any problems but after saying that i have been keeping an eye on Bill at Bonneville performance and he seems be doing very good work and for next project a Speedmaster I will be using his kit as he has done all the hard work and his kit is a simple bolt on and go. i have spent many years playing with bikes and can tell you that carby mod can be very time and costly so for my money if someone does all the work and can back it up with dyno sheets and good feedback from customers use there product unless you like a challenge and really want to do it yourself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts