Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know... i just dropped my speed four this morning, weight was to far from my body when walking backwards... i was expecting havoc on the side that was laying at the ground... atleast a broken blinker (which where rizoma's) i lifted the bike and... except a tiny scratch at the bar end there was NO DAMAGE AT ALL.

it still feels like i'm missing something. I cannot believe there is nothing wrong with it. But then again i know that a other instance where somebody dropped it, there was also nothing wrong except a broken (original triumph) blinker.

is this normal or am i missing something huge (the bike drives well after the fall i just driven it to work.

what is your experience?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Which side? I dropped it in a similar situation once and it was fine, but I went down last January on the highway and just had a broken footpeg and scraped clutch cover from the outside.

However, the stator gave out a few weeks later and I'm sort of convinced that had to do with it slamming on the ground at 40-50MPH from fully upright when the front folded on the brakes on slippery pavement, causing the rotor to contact the stator and hurting some of the wires. I doubt a parking lot tipover is going to cause that though, and I guess you could check the rotor for any scoring if you really need to ease your mind, but it's probably just the cosmetic damage you mentioned.

Zane

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bar ends needed to be changed anyway... but is this normal for a bike wen tipped over? Or is this just superior british design :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you dropped it on the left side, watch out for the kickstand. There's a little notch that holds the spring (which then keeps the stand folded up) that was weakened on mine and eventually gave. Luckily I wasn't in a corner and just heard a scraping noise.

My bike has held up fairly well in my incidents. The radiator does like to hit the ground though, so you may want to check for dents, busted fins, or even the cap breaking off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dropped mine on the left trying to mount a kerb at an angle, and it snapped the left footpeg and footpeg hanger. I still haven't replaced the hanger, its broken at a point where my weight on the peg pushes the parts together so I doubt I'll bother considering the price of Triumph spares. I replaced the footpegs with Oberon racing pegs as I couldn't find a replacement left peg from a breaker. Besides that, no damage. Thanks, crash bungs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts