Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my Scrambler dyno'd after the following mods: TOR's, air box removal, 135 mains, Thruxton needles - 2 shims, K&N pods, slide drilled. I will scan the dyno sheet and try and post.

If the stock truly is 56 hp @7K and 50 lb/torque at 4.5K then I gained very little. The dyno shows peak hp of 57 @ 6.5k and the toque curve barely crossing 50 between 5-5.5K.

Interested in what others have found.

Seat of the pants says good gains on top end. Roll on at higher rpm still provides power. Feels faster after 4.5K. Also feels faster off the line - like I could pop the front wheel in first and second. Mid-range OK - nothing to get excited about.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
tri650,

Bear in mind the factory figures are taken at the crank, your's are measured at the back wheel on a rolling road dyno. I got 55 lbs/ft on the Hyde pipes, I'm happy because all I wanted was to optimise the torque.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the review in Cycle World (not sure of date), but on their dyno it was 47 hp @ 6400 rpm and 44 lbs./torque at 5100.

I guess I feel a lot better now. If mine was similar I gained 10 hp - over 20% - hard to complain about that. Torque up 14%.

The guy doing the dyno kept telling me not to get hung up on a number - and that it might actually improve if he kept wringing it out.

Seat of the pants says it was a success - and I guess that is all that counts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts