Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here in the UK have any old whittworth nuts and bolts from a T140 they don't want? Many folks seem to have replaced theirs with stainless steel. I'm trying to go the other way.

If you do, I would love to here from you.

Ta

·
Registered
203 Posts
I assume you want zinc plated?
On a T140 they will be UNF not Whitworth. These are easy to find online but I see you are in London so I would go to the next Kempton Autojumble and buy a big pack of assorted UNF zinc plated nuts, bolts and washers from the guy who trades from the grandstand. He is on the right as you look at the stand from the racecourse.
This will cost you about £20 and give you more nuts bolts and washers than you will ever need!

From memory the vast majority will be 3/8 or 1/2 UNF I think. There is not much variation. I think 5/16 is the other common one.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume you want zinc plated?
On a T140 they will be UNF not Whitworth. These are easy to find online but I see you are in London so I would go to the next Kempton Autojumble and buy a big pack of assorted UNF zinc plated nuts, bolts and washers from the guy who trades from the grandstand. He is on the right as you look at the stand from the racecourse.
This will cost you about £20 and give you more nuts bolts and washers than you will ever need!

From memory the vast majority will be 3/8 or 1/2 UNF I think. There is not much variation. I think 5/16 is the other common one.
I'm in Walton on Thames, so Kempton is easy for me. Thanks for the info :0)

I really don't like SS on my bikes !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts