Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, stopped and noticed white powder... corrosion lookin stuff on my rear suspension and that area... can't find a leak anywhere and my battery doesn't have any cracks/leaks... any issues u guys know about off hand like that? Out ridin now so hopefully nothing immeditely detrimental

Sent from my DROID3 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Home now will take pics before wiping off to see if anymore pops up.... uping a freak occurrence but worries me after just gettin back on the road w a new battery

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My triple check of the battery after noticing it was burning hot after 30 minutes off... its leaking... brand new bikemaster trugel... super exciting

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I would dust the areas where you saw white bubbling with baking soda and water, to make sure you neutralized the acid... Stuff can leave scars..m

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I would dust the areas where you saw white bubbling with baking soda and water, to make sure you neutralized the acid... Stuff can leave scars..m
That's a good idea. While working in boat engine rooms I routinely end up sitting on or crawling over large battery banks. Even though I don't actually see acid exposed, for some reason all my jeans have grown many extra holes...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts