Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone color mismatched their accessories on their bike... for instance installing a white bellypan, flyscreen or seat cowl on a black bike. I have been wanting to add these to my bike but was wondering how this might look before I go w/ the usual black on black. Maybe someone might have some photoshop skills to doctor up a photo or two if its not that big of a job.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This made me laugh.. Not at the idea, but this was the only way I could receive a White Street Triple late last year, apparently Australia had difficulty obtaining white ones in 2008.

My dealer ended up ordering me a black bike and changed the tank, the wheel arch, and the seat surround to make it a white bike and then installed my white accessories..

I think it would look different to mix and match, not sure if it would be something i'd do.

D

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Kind of illustrates the point that these bikes are basically black, and what makes them either "roulette green" or "fusion white" is merely the tank and trim. So, if a person wants to mix-and-match between black and white, there are probably several combinations that would look fine. I don't have Photoshop myself, but unless somebody can come up with such a version, I might be able to at least cut and past pieces of the Triumph photo gallery photos over the weekend to produce a reasonable simulation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pic! You really did a pretty good job. I kind of like the white belly pan but am not really sure about the rest. I'll probably end up staying w/ black all the way around.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think there is so much black on the bike all ready that adding some plain white accessories might be a bit much. I think if you had a white bike adding the black accessories would look pretty sharp.

One thing you could do would be to get black parts and just add like a white stripe kinda cafe racer style. Now painting can be expensive but another possible option would be to put on some white vinyl as a stripe. A friend of mine is a sign maker and does custom stuff like that and it looks pretty nice. Maybe find a sign maker in your area and see what they could do. That just opens up a world of options if your looking to customize your bike without breaking the bank.Here is an example for ya

Here is one pic I found of a custom Street Triple if you need some ideas

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/special-triumph-di-febbraio-street-triple-675-r/big_streettriple675r01.jpg

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts