Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all the triumphs whine a bit, but the current speed 3 seems louder than most, it disappears at 80mph (probably cant hear it anymore) but will whine with a dead engine and the clutch in.

Is this common? New chain adjusted properly, would it be the output shaft bearing behind the front sprocket? is it possible to change that without stripping the motor?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I find the fuel pump to be pretty loud, but not really much louder than any other bike. Check to make sure though that your chain is adjusted correctly, fluid levels OK, etc. Also, keep in mind that MC gearboxes are usually straight cut gears so they generally make a lot more noise than the helical gears in cars and this trans may just be louder than you are used to as well, though I really don't have any other whining when I pull the clutch in.

If you are hearing it with the bike off and clutch in I would check things like wheel bearings, etc. and make sure they are greased properly. A video would also be helpful of what you are hearing if possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts