Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is a thinking crowd, and most of us in the Northern Hemisphere are enduring some kind of inclimate weather, we turn our interests elsewhere (sort of).

BSG season 4.5 starts this Friday to finish the series.

Who is the final cylon? How will it end?

Discuss-

·
29,948 Posts
I'm not really into BSG. Preferrd it with Apolo, Starbuck and Boomer and the hottie fighter pilots back in the eighties.

Now - Star Trek - Enterprise get's some viewing - also known as "who get's it on with T'Pol this week".

·
Registered
978 Posts
/*
***Spoiler alert. Don't read if you haven't seen last season!***
*/

I'm counting the minutes! Can't wait! Can't wait!

At which stage of our civilization did they arrive at earth?
It seems they encountered some kind of post-apocalyptic city (NY)?
Who's the last cylon? Or are they all cylons?
Where's the Enterprise? What will Picard have to say about their landing?

Can't wait!

:D

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
This series started just as we were moving to Vienna a few years ago. I never watched the original, and I bet I'd like the new one (I saw half of the premiere, or something like that). Maybe it's time to get the DVDs!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi D,

If you haven't seen the original, you probably would enjoy the re-imagined series.

Most Sci-Fi tends to be "cool, gadgety, space stuff and, oh yeah some character development and plot stuff." BSG is the opposite. It is a very good drama that just happens to be in a space setting.

My wife and I got the DVDs from the library last year. She is not really a big sci-fi fan. During the 3 hour pilot, it got to a lull in the action and I went to turn it off. She said that she wanted to keep watching. We are both hooked.

SPOILER SPECULATION-

The last cylon is Romo Lamkin.

I'm really looking forward to Friday night.

Zip

·
29,948 Posts
Telly is rubbish these days. My main TV broke down yesterday and I'm not sure I'm going to bother replacing it.

I think I will putz with my bike instead.

I might miss sub commander T'Pol a bit, but I'll get over it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did Haggis did make a post about All Along the Watchtower?

My wife got for me the season three music-great!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Battlestar Galactica.
Ahh! It's pretty sad being that I am the cable guy, get all the channels for free (including Premiums) and watching TV is the last thing I do. I probably watch about 7 hrs/week. I prefer to be outside or be on the PC.

But now I know BSG is BattleStar Galactica :)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Since this is a thinking crowd, and most of us in the Northern Hemisphere are enduring some kind of inclimate weather, we turn our interests elsewhere (sort of).

BSG season 4.5 starts this Friday to finish the series.

Who is the final cylon? How will it end?

Discuss-
OK excuse a poor Brit here but *** are you talking about?????

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Check it out here: http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/.

HiDesert has got a good handle on it-only darker. Only 4 seasons and this is the last season. I think it is on the Space channel in the UK.

It is a re-imagining of the 80s kitchy show. The attention to detail and plot and character development is very good. But, the show is not for everyone.

Zip

·
Registered
978 Posts
Let's not forget the total absence of:

1- cute robots. Remember Buck Rogers? Agh!
2- smart @ss kids. Just think BSG 1978!
3- clever had oc one-time-only wonder technologies that miraculously save the day (just ignore "Flight of the Phoenix"). Star Trek's polarity inversions do nothing in this universe!
4- Lasers! We don't need no stinkin' lasers! Don't care if it was standard issue back in 1999.
5- family moments. I want my scifi dark and my heroes having some ambrosia induced hangovers from time to time! They're just human, for the love of gods!

I've just downloaded the torrent for S04E11. Awaiting RIAA to come knock on my door. Also trying to find a player to play the stupid codec! AGH!

:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts