Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a thread going on now-- how many bikes do you own?-- It seems there are quite a few riders on this forum that have 2 or more bikes and it got me to wondering...if something came up for whatever reason and you could only keep one bike and no more ---which would you chose? Would it be an easy choice or something you would sweat over?:eek:

·
Registered
485 Posts
If I had to let one go it would be the Yamaha. She doesn't too much attention anymore but I have no plans to let her go.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I would be a very difficult choice as I enjoy each bike for very different reasons.

1996 Thunderbird
1994 Honda VFR

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Man that's tough. I could easily ditch the Honda and the Vespa since I'm building those up for the wife. :D

But choosing among the Triumphs and the Norton. Man...

The Bonnie was my first Brit classic.
The Daytona is smaller and just a blast to ride.
And the Norton is ballsy and unique.

Uggh. I'd probably keep the Bonnie. If it were my only bike, it's the most practical choice of the three.

No wait...I'd keep the Daytona. I'd always wanted a 500 Trump and now i have it. I can't let it go.

Wait...no...I'd keep the Norton.

ARRGH!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Between my 06 Tiger and 07 America....................tough call but would probably keep the Tiger or sell my wife......

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Between my 06 Tiger and 07 America....................tough call but would probably keep the Tiger or sell my wife......

In case your wife reads this....it was nice knowing ya:D

·
Registered
708 Posts
Currently single with 2 x-wifes.

I can keep all 4! :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I can keep all 4!

Must of had a great lawyer. With two ex-wifes I'm suprised you can afford a pair of shoes to walk in let alone 4 bikes.:confused:

·
Registered
142 Posts
which one?

MAN i dont know ,,thats like sayin` which dog,,or which kid ,,i guess if it came down to it,i guess it would be the beemer,,NO the bonnie,,,oh i dont know,the bonnie is the most adaptable. but i could live with anything ,if i had to. fortunatly,,it`ll never,happen.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
This is not about bikes, this is about space - or lack of it!
I have just put the Cannondale top of the range mountain bike back to the shop to sell. That frees up a couple of feet.
A few beds and other crap destined for the blood-sucking family members with no money (why is that when one marries, one marries a woman with relatives that have NO MONEY?)
So the blood sucking bottom feeders get our nearly new beds, mattresses and furniture and.......we get...........MORE SPACE.
So, the blood suckers have a reason for thieving oxygen after all, - their role is take our nearly new stuff so we, sorry I, can get one more bike.
Is it a fair exchange?
Yes, but only if I never ever see the blood suckers AGAIN.

·
Registered
815 Posts

I can keep all 4!
Currently (and plan to stay) married with a wife who has as many bikes as I do. :D

We've each got two running and a non-running project. And no time for rebuilding the projects. The only marital problem is she's taken over the garage. :rolleyes:

NOW, she likes the new SV650 enough that she looks to be selling the Shadow.

ME, I'd have a hard time. My Sprint is my daily runner. Does everything well. But the old 750Four and Trident are still in my mind as 'what a motorbike should look/sound/feel like'.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Must of had a great lawyer. With two ex-wifes I'm suprised you can afford a pair of shoes to walk in let alone 4 bikes.:confused:
I've been single for about 15 years and retired for 4 years. Their were some very difficult years but now all is well. Being retired means I no longer have to save for retirement and I can spend down my savings. My plan is to be as deep in debt as possible on my last day on earth. :p

·
Registered
277 Posts
At this moment I would keep my Suzuki C50T and sell the Bonneville, mostly because I've spent much more money on mods on the Suzuki and almost nothing on the Triumph, which should change soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts