Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i have the m bars and napoleons coming tommorow from british customs. i was wondering if you all mount the bars right-side up or upside-down? i was planning on mounting them upside-down, but i am going to try them right-side up just to see what i think. i know they work fine with the stock cables and wires, but are the cables too slack if you mount the bars upside-down?-keith

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can somebody post a pic showing the difference between having them up or down?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Upside-up

I have no rear sets and I have mine mounted upside-up. I have them rotated in such a way that they meet my hands perfectly. The angle of the stock bars was very uncomfortable on my wrists.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have no rear sets and I have mine mounted upside-up. I have them rotated in such a way that they meet my hands perfectly. The angle of the stock bars was very uncomfortable on my wrists.
Agreed. Screw the stock bars! M-bars all the way. I bought the black ones from New Bonneville but they powdercoating is already starting to flake :(

Upside down gives a real low profile look and is really comfortable to me. I mostly ride in the city but on longer trips via thruway the riding position is much better.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Upside down Mbars

Mounted upside down. (Behind soon to be history Tiger Stadium.)

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
+1 on upside down over here.

You'll have to be careful to rotate them to minimize the tank contact at full steer but don't worry, that will never happen when you're rolling. I found the first time I mounted the bars, I had the horn button perfectly contacting the tank badge. Made for some annoying beeping in the garage as I was putting her away.

I love the lower profile, especially with the CRG bar ends and D9's lowered instrument panel. Very slick.

Photos soon, I promise.

P

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have mine mounted right side up, but either way felt good to me!

·
Registered
224 Posts
right side up for me, here are a couple of shots from different angles - one, two They are fairly quick to install so try both and see which one you like. If you're going from the stock bars to M bars upside down maybe too much initially.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed mbars and napoleon's 3 days ago, I went with what I'm finding out is 'upside down' with the bar ends leaning down. It's taken some getting used to with my riding position, but here's my question: are the characteristics roughly the same upside down/right side up? any benefit to either?

thx.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The most visually pleasing way is to mount them "upside down" such that when viewed from the side, the angle of the hand grips match identically the angle of the instrument cluster.

But I'm just a mental case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts