Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looking to make my starting system a touch more reliable by changing the RR, battery and Stator. Ordering in parts before I start opening her up- she’s a 2009 Speedie (last of the round eyes) Vin 415386.
Been advised two sized stators are available- 115mm and 104mm. Been cross checking posts and part numbers with photos and I’m after confirmation (reassurance!) if possible that mine is the 115mm version??? The case has two bumps/ bulges and it’s after the vin change number of 356143. The parts list sticky just gives both options.
Other on line info is also vague. Would really appreciate a point in the right direction for size. Thanks all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
FWIW, I have a 2008 speed triple and had to get the 115 mm. I didn't even know there were multiple sizes and ordered the smaller one first. It took me more time than I would like to admit to realize the stator was the wrong size and I wasn't just putting it on wrong haha. I ordered mine from Ricks and luckily they let me return in and get the proper size.
I think I remember at some point they moved to the bigger stator, meaning your 2009 would more than likely be using the 115 mm too? but don't quote me! haha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers both. Was nearly sure it was the 115mm anyway so have ordered that in now. Safe riding to you both.

·
Registered
524 Posts
As Rampant already suggested, removing the alternator cover so you can measure it is really the only way to be sure. As a double check while you're in there look at the brand name stamped on the rim of the rotor. Two types. Denso are 115mmØ and Kokusan 104mmØ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts