Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have longer (Thruxton/Scrambler length) shocks in my bike and would like a longer side stand to reduce how much it leans over when parked. Would the Thruxton or the Scrambler OEM option be better suited for the T100? Any aftermarket options?
Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Monitoring this thread as I have some 350mm Hagons ordered and already have a taller rear tire. I have done some research, but couldn't find much. At least one forum member installed a Thruxton stand but I believe he had some issues (or at least inconveniences).

·
Registered
71 Posts
No modifications other than bending the extender? I thought I read somewhere they would not bolt right on.

·
Administrator
11,245 Posts
No, it bolted straight on for me. Other than that extender it was plug-and-play. I've had to replace the the spring, but I don't remember if that was routine maintenance or I needed to buy a Thrux spring for the exchange. It was a while ago.

Here, found a post from when I did it. I make no mention of the spring, so I assume it wasn't required: https://www.triumphrat.net/air-cooled-twins-talk/210302-sidestand-kickstand-extension-for-bonneville.html#post2509360

The mag-wheel ones aren't exchangeable with the spoke-wheel versions I don't believe.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Put a Scrambler sidestand on my Bonneville, bolted straight up with no problems.
But I run a Dunstall (same as TEC) 2-1. Wouldnt work with the stock mufflers as the extender handle would foul the muffler and be impossible to reach.

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
As alternative to swapping stands, you can also add a foot pad to the stock stand or make one yourself out of something like Hockey puck rubber. A skill saw or sawzall will cut that up easily to get the shape as needed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That’s a great point. I may go the extender route on mine mainly to enlarge the foot print. Wonder if I can find a hockey puck in Mississippi? Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
No modifications other than bending the extender? I thought I read somewhere they would not bolt right on.
It bolts straight on. Sometimes the "rubber baby buggy bumper" (bump stop on the frame) is a little off centre but it doesn't make a difference. I went the other way with my wife's Thruxton to Bonnie height. I had the nob extended to be able to get it down easier with riding boots on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts