Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to sell the ZRX1200R and buy a Triple. But which dealer in San Diego area to buy from? I put alot of miles on a bike (as much as a deploying sailor can). I bought my last Triumph up in Fresno but I no longer live up there. Any storys from you guys would be great.

Thanks

Vanson

·
Super Moderator
22,109 Posts
The short answer is 'the one who gives you the best deal'
For after-sales service/warranty etc you can go to whomever has the best service department reputation. That doesn't necessarily mean you will get a better sales deal from them.
But especially in this economic climate, buy from whomever offers the most attractive sales package. Your loyalty is to YOURSELF - not the dealer who already made a nice profit from you - thank you very much!
It matters not if you never ever go back there again. In fact even consider LA if you can find a better deal and enjoy the ride home!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, thanks!

·
Banned
557 Posts
I'm from Diego.

have owned two Speed Triples...2007 and 2009

I bought the 2007 from Rocket and the 2009 from North County yamaha.

By FAR...by FAR I would recommend North County Yamaha!!!!! Big time. The guys at Rocket are asshats.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahah! Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Santa Ana

My recomendation would be OTD Motorsports, Santa Ana. I just picked up an 09 matte black speed triple and got a great deal on it. Forget Rocket, what you read and hear about them is true. San Marcos would be the better choice of the two, but their selection is limited, although they are way cool. OTD got me the matte black quick, and were no nonsense. It's only a little over an hour away, and the ride back will leave you with a huge s--- eating grin for the rest of the day. Ask for Fabian, 714-429-9200, he'll do you right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts