Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've finally got myself some twin Arrow cans! I believe they're designed to fit the 2006 model, but will work with the 2005 model. I bought them second hand off fleabay (£275 incl delivery!) and they were previously fitted to a 2005 model. The guy assured me they'll bolt straight on to the standard exhaust with no issues, and I've asked on here before and you guys agreed they should work too.

So... I'm unsure of which fuel map to use. On the TuneECU website my VIN falls within the "Speed Triple 1050 / up to VIN # 281465 / Keihin ECU" category.
The bike is completely standard, and I will be fitting the cans WITHOUT the baffles, to the standard exhaust. Can someone advise exactly which fuel map would be best as I have no idea from the list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yay. They've arrived, and they look rather sexual.

I really can't see a fuel map that specifically meets my requirements. I have the o2 sensor and Cat, as the bike is completely standard. Do I even need a new fuel map for just the end cans? I'm not bothered about performance gains, I'm only after the soundtrack that these babies will produce without the baffles/dbkillers. Obviously don't want it to run like a bag of poo though.

I'm poorly at the moment so not sure when I'm gonna get to fit them but it would be good to get some input so I can fit these as soon as I'm better. Fanx (I think I should've created this thread in the EFI section. Oops, was excited).

·
Registered
458 Posts
I believe this is the map you should be using. You can leave the stock map on there with the pipes, but it will run much better on an aftermarket map such as the one below. There are also several other maps floating around in the ECU Tuning page. Might have a look there.

20272Map.hex OEM md5checksum 1050cc Speed Triple with aftermarket exhaust(TORS duals) with catalyst and secondary air injection.
Replaces the 2010

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much CaptTriple :grin2:

Do you know if uploading a new map takes as long as downloading it from the ECU? I haven't uploaded one before, but remember when I downloaded the map from my bike it took 25-30 mins, and I was worried the battery would run out of juice and brick my ECU. In any case, I'll put my battery on charge before I do this AND remove my headlight fuse which I didn't do before. I was just curious if it takes the same amount of time, so I know not to panic/when to start panicking! Thanks again.

·
Registered
458 Posts
No it doesn't take nearly as long to download a new map to the bike as it does to "read" the current map on the bike. Make sure you do "read" the map and save it before downloading the new one. It has all of your adaptions and "riding style" as far as throttle goes and you might want that back.

Let us know how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts