Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping my warning light issue is just a low battery after having been sat around for a few months but just in case its not, whats the best diagnostic tool for a 955i?

I've had a quick scan around online and have found, Tuneboy, Dealertool and OBD2 which all claim to do the bizz but which is best?
Anyone own one of these gadgets and can offer some impartial advice?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
My light was on after I removed the tank, and instead of hooking up the tuneboy to cancel it, I just rode the bike a few times and it went out. You have to go through 3 hot/cold cycles, and if there is no error present, the light should go out.

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you want a really useful diagnostic and tuning tool, Tuneboy is the way to go. Although its expensive, it pays for itself the first time you diagnose and fix a problem yourself, without getting robbed by the dealer.

The OBD2 is just a code reader, and the dealer tool is not much of a diagnostic help, just a code reader and tune uploader.

Tuneboy does it all and then some.
And no,I'm not affiliated with the company, just a very happy customer.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
If you just want the light to go out, do the 3 cycles and save 300 bucks. If you want to add/modify tunes, and diagnose your bike, then definitely go with the tuneboy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2 votes for tuneboy so far.
Dealertool states it does everything apart from remapping, tbh my fettleing isnt going to include that sort of thing and is it going to be worth it to lay out another 200 notes for the tuneboy when its going to be full of features I never use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts