Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems like I will try the Dominator Touring pipes, but now which airbox removal/elimination kit do I choose? They are all about $300. But are there any differences?

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Probably not, but they're very similar to each other.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. I noticed the one from BellaCorse has you choose the pipes your using. Does that mean they give you specific jets/needles?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
They all are very simular with some having better parts than others . I did the BC . I like it .

·
Registered
964 Posts
I used the Bella Corse kit. It seems to have a few more extras, like carb jets, a better grade of hose clamps and I like the adjustable turnbuckle carb support. My experiences with the owner (Mike) have been first class. The only minor criticism I have of the kit, is that the furnished carb jets only get you in the ballpark as far as tune.But, Mike isn't a magician or a fortune teller;:D each engine is a little different. After you install your kit, have it tuned on a Dyno, by someone competent; it's money well spent.------James.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I used the British Customs kit and I couldn't be happier.I'd recomend it to anyone.Sean sent me 140 mains ans 42 pilots and I have to say it's awesome.:D

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
they all do the same thing, they are all made of decent materials and all are shipped with jets (just make sure you ask for jets when you order, my kit had the jets left out accidentally, but had them shipped to me once i noticed they were missing.) the carb brace from bella corse is really nice, but to be honest the brace from BC does the job just fine as well. i am guessing you will be pleased with any kit you end up deciding on. the nice thing about the stock carbs is you can pretty much find those jets at almost any dealership (triumph or not) and they are cheap. if you want to save yourself a trip go to the shop and buy one size each above and below what they send you in the kit, or just buy them when you place your order and have the vendor throw them in the box with your airbox eliminator kit. should cost and extra $20-$25 for the extra four jets.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very satisified with the British Customs kit. Better yet, the customer sevice was top notch. It's always a pleasure when you have an important question and a well informed, intelligent person is readilly available on the telephone and takes the necessary time to answer your questions THOROUGHLY. That's worth a few extra bucks for sure. I will order more stuff from these folks in the future. This is a great mod. I just gave away the old airbox to a buddy this week, as there isn't a remote chance it will EVER get reinstalled on my bike.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I used the British Customs kit but I was a bit disappointed with the battery-box. The holes provided in it were not sized correctly, so my brake reservoir and fuse box are barely bolted on. The more I wrenched and tried to force the bolts in, the more the box started to break up. I seriously spent an hour on this alone.

Others say that the filters you get with the BellaCorse and NewThruxton kits are more free flowing than the K&N cones.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I bought the complete BC kit too and wholeheartedly agree with sonofrust that the customer service is AAA+++. The kit comes with everything you need & is top quality.
I have bought other stuff from them since and Sean has been fantastic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts