Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to swap out my stock rear suspender. I weigh 170 lbs and am wondering what others have gone with--Ohlins, Fox, etc.

Thanks,

Karl

·
Banned
557 Posts
I put in an Ohlins, got it from Dan Kyle racing and comes set up for your weight. WOW, one of THE best mods ever.

However, some great alternatives are Penske, RaceTech, Rizoma. At your weight you'll have no problem with the stock shock, but it never hurts to upgrade. :D

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I put in an Ohlins, got it from Dan Kyle racing and comes set up for your weight. WOW, one of THE best mods ever.

However, some great alternatives are Penske, RaceTech, Rizoma. At your weight you'll have no problem with the stock shock, but it never hurts to upgrade. :D
+1. I went with Ohlins. Thanks to your recommendation. :rolleyes: I really like Ohlins.

The other choices are all good. The stock shock is more than adequate for your weight..... I wish I was that trim...

·
Registered
89 Posts
The spring's relevent to the weight of the rider.

The shock valving is relevent to controlling the spring.

Ohiln's, Fox etc should improve things yes

First thing though get the suspension revalved to suit you.
By someone that knows what they are doing................

·
Registered
936 Posts

I got mine from Dan too, Sprung for my weight NZ$600 cheaper than I could get an Ohlins rear in New Zealand. Great improvement lots more adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts